This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Enemies encountered||Screaming Pillars, Awks, Frogoons, Tiki Zings
|Game||Donkey Kong Country Returns
Canopy Cannons is a level featured in the Jungle of Donkey Kong Island. It is regarded as the fifth level of Donkey Kong Country Returns, but is optional; if Donkey Kong has a Map Key, he can instead access the fourth level of the game, Sunset Shore. This level or Sunset Shore can be finished to unlock Crazy Cart, the sixth level of the game.
In this level, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong will begin in the jungle, fighting off some Awk. Later they will need to use the Barrel Cannons to get over large gaps in the level. The Kongs can find hidden objects and collectibles on foot, and cross gaps on barrel cannons. On various occasions, the barrel cannons offer chances of Banana Coins and Extra Life Balloons if the do can time their launch right. Even Puzzle Pieces and KONG Letters are obtained by using the cannons' alternate shooting trajectories.
The level appears to be a tribute to Barrel Cannon Canyon.
- DK Barrel: 3
- Banana Coin: 8
- Extra Life Balloon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- Puzzle Pieces:
- 1: In a yellow plant near a spike pit. Ground pound the yellow plant in the background and it will appear.
- 2: After a DK Barrel, there will be an Arrow Barrel aims directly down to what seems like an abyss, fire it down to be taken to the second Piece.
- 3: Awarded for finishing the bonus room.
- 4: After the bonus area, head back and ground pound a flower.
- 5: Launch from an Arrow Cannon to a banana trail and the Kongs will be taken to a secret Barrel Cannon which will launch them into the Piece.
- This bonus stage features two Arrow Barrels, and an Auto Fire Barrel. The heroes must avoid launching themselves into the Auto Fire Barrel and grab the collectible coins and bananas.