This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Notable features||Mine Carts|
|Enemies encountered||Mole Guards, Tiki Buzzes, Frogoon
|Game||Donkey Kong Country Returns
The level starts off in the jungle, much like the other levels in the Jungle. When Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong go right, they will encounter some Frogoons, and after that a DK Button that the heroes must Ground Pound to activate. This will activate some platforms that can lead the Kongs to the mine shaft to the upper right. To the upper left lies a hidden Bonus Room.
When the Kongs enter the mine shaft, they must break some weak wood and slide down a trail to go underground. From there, the heroes must use the Barrel Cannon to get to the Mine Cart and begin their risky ride. While riding their mine cart, Donkey and Diddy Kong must watch out for the Mole Guards who will try to run over the Kongs with their own mine carts. They must jump over various abysses and Tiki Buzzes found throughout the level.
Eventually, the heroes will have escaped the mine, going into the jungle once again, though their journey is not done yet. The Kongs must avoid more Tiki Buzz and jump over more gaps before finally riding their cart into some broken rails. When they hit the broken rails, DK and Diddy will be launched out of their cart and right to the end of the level.
- DK Barrels: 1
- Extra Life Balloon: 2
- Banana Coin: 11
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Floating high in the air near a Mole Guard. Jump off the mole guard to reach it.
- O: The "O" hovering in the air near a downward sloped section of track. It is found shortly after a puzzle piece. The heroes must time their just just at the edge of the track before it goes down to reach the "O".
- N: The "N" is found right off the end of a track. The Kongs will have to allow their cart to go off the track briefly and then jump to the above track.
- G: At the very end of the cave, the Kongs will have to jump on parts of tracks. The "G" is at the end of where a track begins to wind down.
- Puzzle Pieces:
- 1: Simply go left at the start of the level to collect the first piece.
- 2: The prize for beating the first Bonus Room is a puzzle piece.
- 3: At the edge of a track.
- 4: Below some thorny plants. A properly timed jump will grab the piece and elevate the cart to the next section of rails.
- 5: Shortly after the thorny plants, the cart will get much closer to the screen, making it harder to see what is ahead. After some bananas, jump so the Kongs do not miss the fourth piece.
- The bonus room is to the upper left of the DK Button. In this bonus area, there are two moving platforms with one stationary platform. 47 Bananas, 2 Banana Coins, and one Extra Life Balloon can be obtained.
- This level sets itself apart from traditional Donkey Kong Country mine cart stages, such as Mine Cart Carnage, by including a transition from jungle to mine shaft and even ending out in the jungle again. Previous levels simply started out in the mine shaft and ended there as well.