This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Enemies encountered||Tiki Goon
|Game||Donkey Kong Country Returns
Button Bash is one of the levels available after completing Wonky Waterway. It is the second level of the Ruins area in Donkey Kong Country Returns. If Donkey Kong has a Map Key, he can instead access Damp Dungeon. By finishing Button Bash, the level Mast Blast will be unlocked.
Button Bash is a ruins level featuring various puzzles revolving around pressing buttons and barrel blasting. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong will start outside of a temple and can use a Barrel Cannon to get inside. Stilts, Tiki Tanks, and Humzees will be encountered when they first enter. The heroes will have to ascend to the upper parts of the ruins to get to a section where they need to defeat some Humzee and use a barrel cannon to break through the ground into the lower area.
At the lower level, Donkey and Diddy will run into Tiki Goons and Tiki Zings. Beyond the Tikis, they will have to use the barrel cannons to launch themselves into a button to activate another barrel cannon. As they progress forward they will encounter some Tiki Torches. After the torches, DK and Diddy can use a barrel cannon to reach the checkpoint and go to another barrel blasting section. A button will have to be pressed to activate some more usable barrel cannons. The second checkpoint will be activated after finishing the barrel blast section, and then the heroes can move on to defeat some Stilts and jump on some panels to get higher up. The remaining part of the level is using the barrel cannons to get to the finish.
- DK Barrel: 2
- Banana Coin: 5
- Heart: 2
- Extra Life Balloon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Floating high above a Tiki Goon; jump off of the Goon to gain height and reach the letter.
- O: A Stilts can be jumped off of to reach the "O".
- N: Near a series of barrel cannons. A button must be pressed to gain access to a barrel to launch the duo into the "N".
- G: After the second checkpoint, it is at the top of the series of panels that randomly come out.
- Puzzle Pieces:
- 1: To the left of the starting point. Ground pound the wood out of the way to access the piece.
- 2: After being launched inside the temple, walk left and ground pound the yellow plant.
- 3: To the left of the "K" there should be a Clingable surface. Climb down and to the left to find the third piece.
- 4: Awarded for finishing the first bonus room.
- 5: Awarded for finishing the second bonus room.
- 6: After two Tiki Torches, a clingable edge can be climbed down to reach this piece.
- 7: In the panel climbing section, it is in an alcove to the far left.
- The first bonus stage has two Arrow Barrels and one Auto Fire Barrel. The heroes must collect the prizes while avoiding the Auto Fire Barrel.
- In the second bonus room, a Barrel Cannon will be moving horizontally below some prizes. The Kongs have thirty seconds to collect 57 bananas, two Banana Coins, and one Extra Life Balloon.