This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Theme||Blowhole Bound |
|Enemies encountered||Snaps, Pinchley, Tiki Goon, Squidly, Jellybob
|Game||Donkey Kong Country Returns
Blowhole Bound is the sixth level in the Beach area, found after the Stormy Shore level. Completing Blowhole Bound unlocks Tidal Terror. However, the level is optional, and can be skipped by completing Cannon Cluster instead. This level is only unlockable upon purchasing the Map Key from this world's branch of Cranky Kong's Shop.
Blowhole Bound starts out like the typical beach level, with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong walking across a calm beach with various crab enemies such as Snaps and Pinchley, as well as Tiki Goons. When they reach the pier, they will have to ride on a whale. The background music changes to accommodate this change, making this level one of the few levels with changing background music.
As the Kongs ride on the whale, Snaps will emerge out of the water trying to attack them, as well as Squidly flying from the left and right sides. In addition, the whale will swim by some ship wrecks, which Donkey and Diddy can walk on to grab items and progress through the level. The whale's blowhole can be Ground Pounded to make it squirt up, launching the heroes up to grab items or avoid enemies. At the end, the whale will jump high and allow them to jump to the pier with the End Barrel.
- Banana Coins: 9
- Hearts: 4
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above a wooden platform.
- O: Floating high above water—Some wooden platformed can be jumped off of to reach it.
- N: Above two Banana Bunches. The whale's blowhole will have to be Ground Pounded to get high enough to reach it.
- G: Shortly after an Extra Life balloon.
- Puzzle Pieces:
- 1: Complete the bonus room to earn the first piece.
- 2: Obtained by ground pounding a palm tree near the checkpoint.
- 3: After the checkpoint, multiple Squidly will come flying at the heroes as they approach the third piece—jump off the non-electric ones to reach the piece.
- 4: Above a wooden platform. It must be grabbed before the whale knocks the platform down.
- 5: Floating high among the myriad of Bananas after the whale swims the shipwrecks.
- Seven platforms will be moving up or down in a room. Bananas and Coins will be above the platforms, with all 80 bananas and 2 coins in total needed to collect the Puzzle Piece.
- The level's music is a remix of the theme music from Coral Capers in the original Donkey Kong Country.