Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Theme||Palm Tree Groove|
|Notable features||Fog clears at end of level.|
|Enemies encountered||No new ones introduced.
|Game||Donkey Kong Country Returns
Foggy Fumes is the first level of the Factory world in Donkey Kong Country Returns. As the level is full of fumes, the level is in silhouette form. To beat the level, the player needs to ground pound on a switch that turns on some fans and blows away all of the smoke in the factory and on the factory world map, allowing him/her to advance and see the rest of the map.
The level begins on a platform in a misty factory (despite there being a dinosaur rib-cage, and a plant from the previous world at the beginning). After hopping across some platforms which are located on the spikes of giant gears, and dodging a Tiki Buzz, the Kongs will come across a raised platform with a DK Barrel on it, followed by a long platform with some bouncing screw-driver-like enemies on it. Dodging them will lead to an elevated platform with an Arrow Barrel next to it, which must be used. This will launch the player into the background, where they must hop across some elevated platforms, hanging at different levels. Then they launch back into the foreground, and reach the first checkpoint.
Afterwards, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong will come across a long wavy platform with rolling spiked wheels moving along it. These come out of tubes on the ceiling, so caution must be used to avoid them. After jumping across two of these platforms, the Kongs will blast onto a platform with a huge dip in the middle. In this dip are two large gears with platforms on each spike. Hop across these platorms to reach a red button, and pound it to clear the fog and blast to the end-of-level barrel.
- K: Above a hanging platform by the first damaged fan.
- O: The first platform in the bottom row of platforms in the background.
- N: After blasting into the foreground following the fourth Puzzle Piece, the letter N can be seen in the air next to a Pogobot.
- G: At the end of the curvy pathway following the second checkpoint.
- 1: On the first fan, where bananas appear, which the Kongs have to collect in order to make a Puzzle Piece appear.
- 2: On top of a wall next to a hanging platform after the third giant fan.
- 3: From the first checkpoint, backwards to a gap with a hidden platform and on the third exhaust pipe.
- 4:Just before the Barrel Cannon at the end of the second background area, where the Kongs must blow into the air to the left of them to reveal a Puzzle Piece.
- 5: In a wall next to two hanging platforms where the Kongs must jump into to reach a hidden area with a Puzzle Piece.
- 6: Blowing on a blow horn.
- 7: Behind the fog on the top-left platform after reaching the first fan platform from the sixth Puzzle Piece.
- This is one of the few stages to use silhouettes.
- Mr. Game & Watch appears in the background of this level, and he appears to be hammering some pipes.
- Near the beginning of the level one can see the first level of the original Donkey Kong, (25m). It is hard to spot, as it looks a lot like the rest of the Factory equipment.