This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Tree Top Bop
|Tree Top Bop|
|Enemies encountered||Tiki Goon, Tiki Doom, Tiki Torches, Frogoons, Awks.
|Game||Donkey Kong Country Returns|
|<< List of Levels >>|
Tree Top Bop is the third level in the game, Donkey Kong Country Returns.
Tree Top Bop, as the name implies, takes place high above the jungle. The level does not simply start out up there however as its precursor Tree Top Town does; one must navigate through a brief low-ground area before reaching several Barrel Cannons in order to gain height. After that, the rest of the level involves navigating the tree tops, balancing on platforms and jumping on other surfaces to reach the end. Diddy Kong can use his jetpack to help him and Donkey Kong gain more control over their jumps and land safely. Rambi is also available in this level, who can jump a little better and defeat enemies.
- Rambi the Rhinoceros -- Just past the checkpoint, pound a trapdoor to drop into a secret area containing Rambi.
- Banana Coins: 14 (5 in bonus levels)
- Hearts: 3
- Extra Life Balloons: 1 (bonus)
- K-O-N-G Letters
- K: Found by going into the first barrel cannon, waiting for it move left and firing up into it.
- O: Located between two pillars about halfway through the level, reached by jumping off the Frogoons nearby at the right timing.
- N: In the section with several tilting platforms, the N is found below two floating Frogoons. Can be obtained by rolling underneath or easier done with Rambi to handle the Frogoons.
- G: Found to the left after getting out of the second bonus level, guarded by three Frogoons.
- Puzzle Pieces:
- 1: On the bottom floor before the barrel cannons, do a roll jump over the gap to the far right and the piece should be on the other side, in addition to a dandelion.
- 2: Obtain Rambi, and backtrack to where the spike pit is. Rambi should destroy the spikes and needs to break a Rambi Block to bring the heroes to a bonus level which has the item.
- 3: Located under the Tiki Doom—must have Rambi destroy the Rambi Blocks.
- 4: After the "N", Piece #4 is found by breaking the spike pit and the Rambi Block to the right to enter a bonus level rewarding the piece.
- 5: The last piece is often missed because the heroes must avoid the Slot Machine Barrel and go straight under it to the right with Rambi to find a secret area.