Rare Orbs are special orbs appearing in Donkey Kong Country Returns. They wait at the end of each Key Temple, and all 8 of them must be collected to open the Golden Temple. These orbs are not present in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, being replaced by Relics, which, while aesthetically different, behave identically.
Donkey Kong Country Returns
The temples debut in Donkey Kong Country Returns, where they reside deep inside Key Temples, and must all be collected to unlock the final level. To access a Key Temple, the Kongs must collect all the K-O-N-G Letters in the world the temple lies in. Collecting the orb automatically ends the level, and the player may choose to go to the Golden Temple, and put the orbs in the door as they go. Rare Orbs come in different colors, and a different colored orb is at the end of each temple.
The temples and their respective colored orbs are listed below:
- Platform Panic (Jungle): Green Rare Orb
- Tumblin' Temple (Beach): Blue Rare Orb
- Shifty Smashers (Ruins): White Rare Orb
- Jagged Jewels (Cave): Magenta Rare Orb
- Blast 'N' Bounce (Forest): Yellow Rare Orb
- Perilous Passage (Cliff): Orange Rare Orb
- Treacherous Track (Factory): Silver Rare Orb
- Five Monkey Trial (Volcano): Red Rare Orb