This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|Enemies encountered||Bazza, Bounty Bass, Buzz, Koco, Minkey, Lurchin
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3
Sunken Spruce begins inside a dry hollow tree trunk. Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong will have to go down the trunk to find that the tree has been submerged in water, forcing them to swim through the level. They will have to swim down the trunk, avoiding the enemies and obstacles, to reach the other trunks and get back above ground. Multiple aquatic enemies, including Bazza, Lurchin, and Koco will often be found swimming around the area, forcing the Kongs to find a way around. Enguarde does not make an appearance at any point in the level, so the heroes are on their own. Towards the end of the level, the duo will be above ground, and will be greeted by some Buzz and Minkey enemies. Completion of this stage leads to Cliffside Blast.
Interestingly, the further down the heroes progress in the stage, the more can be seen of what appears to be a sunken civilization, similar to certain levels of Kremlantis. Another interesting fact is that a few enemies that appear in the level are ones that only appeared in one level only in the SNES version, such as Minkeys and Bazzas. This is most likely because the developers wanted to give these enemies more appearances.
- Bear Coin: 2
- DK Coin: Koin is found near the start of the level. A Steel Barrel is easily accessible and can be bounced off the tree to defeat it.
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 Green
- K-O-N-G Letters
- K: After swimming down the trunk with green Kocos, the "K" is in the area in between the two trees.
- O: In the upper left corner of an area with six Lurchin.
- N: Obtained while swimming up a tree trunk near some Koco.
- G: A Minkey guards the "G" at the upper right corner of the rope near the end of the level.
- Collect 70 Stars! -- Found beyond the Star Barrel, above two fast swimming Koco fish. Under 25 seconds, 75 stars have to be collected in an area with a tree trunk and an open area to the right.
- Find the Coin! -- Found past a point where a lone Buzz is encircling the branch between two trees -- by going all the way down, to the left, and then up, the second bonus barrel will be found. The heroes have twenty seconds to swim up to the entrance of a tree trunk and swim to the bottom of the trunk to get the coin. All the while, Bazzas will be swimming through their holes in the tree.