This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Notable features||Ghost Barrels|
|Animal Buddies||Squitter the Spider|
|Enemies encountered||Booty Bird, Knik-Knaks, Buzzes, Koin
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Creepy Caverns is the second level in KAOS Kore.
This level's unique feature are the Ghost Barrels that appear throughout the level. These Ghost Barrels are similar to the Auto Fire Barrels because once they are entered, they launch Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong in whatever direction they are facing. However, Ghost Barrels are distinguished with the fact that they disappear and reappear every few seconds. Sometimes when they reappear, they are reoriented in a different direction. While the Ghost Barrels are invisible, they cannot be used; If Dixie/Kiddy try to go into the same spot a Ghost Barrel was once in while it isn't there, it won't work until it reappears. Some Ghost Barrels disappear and reappear in the direction of Red Buzz enemies, meaning that proper timing is needed to avoid being shot into the Buzz enemies.
About halfway through the level, Squitter the Spider can be found inside its Animal Crate by using a Wooden Barrel or Knocka to defeat a Green Buzz that is directly below an Auto Fire Barrel that leads to the crate. Squitter can easily defeat the Krumple and green Buzz enemies with its web spitting attack, but must also be careful not to be launched into Red Buzz enemies. Squitter can also be used to access the second Bonus Barrel in the level, by using its web platforms to go high above where a Krumple enemy is found. Squitter is not usable for long, though, and the reward for passing through the No Animal Sign is one Bear Coin.
Completion of this level allows Dixie/Kiddy to enter the lake of KAOS Kore, and access the next level, Lightning Lookout. In the lake, a Banana Bird Cave can be revealed if the Kongs have figured out Baffle's message.
- Banana Bunch: 1
- Bear Coin: 3
- DK Barrels: 3
- DK Coin: A steel keg is found while naturally progressing through the level. Throwing the Steel Keg at an upwards angle and using the Ghost Barrel is required to defeat Koin; by ensuring the Ghost Barrel rolls slowly, the Kongs will be given enough time to make Koin move its shield and defeat it.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above and to the right of the first Ghost Barrel.
- O: Above and to the left of a Ghost Barrel in a part of the cave with a tall ceiling.
- N: Located below the Arrow Cannon access by finishing the second bonus room.
- G: Found at the bottom of a pit. Instead of following the banana trail over the pit, jump directly down it.
- Collect 50 Stars!: The first Bonus Barrel is located to the left of where an Auto Fire Barrel launches Dixie/Kiddy after a Ghost Barrel near two Red Buzz launches them upward. The Kongs have forty seconds to get all fifty stars in a room with a Ghost Barrel. When the ghost barrel disappears, it reorients itself in a different direction. The Gameboy Advance version rearranged the stars so that they were easier to collect. In fact, it is possible to collect all of the stars without the ghost barrel; Team-Up throwing can be used to get them all.
- Find the Coin!: The second Bonus Barrel is located above a Krumple, near several Ghost Barrels aiming directly downward. Squitter's web platforms are needed to access the bonus barrel. In the bonus level, thirty seconds are provided to get to the other side of the cave area. The room has several Red Buzz and Ghost Barrels that reappear aiming directly at the Buzzes. Squitter must make web platforms underneath the Buzzes and watch out for the Ghost Barrels.