This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Fish Food Frenzy
|Fish Food Frenzy|
|World||Cotton Top Cove|
|Notable features||A Nibbla follows the Kong throughout the level and must be fed Kocos, or it will attack the Kongs.|
|Enemies encountered||Nibbla, Kocos, Lurchin, Koin
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
In this level, a Nibbla will swim behind Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong from beginning to end. After some time, the Nibbla's coloring will change from blue to red, signifying the fact that it is hungry. Its facial expression will also visibly change to being distraught, and its fangs will emerge when it is very upset. Shortly after revealing its fangs, it will attack the lead Kong out of hunger. To prevent it from attacking the protagonists, it needs to eat Kocos. When it devours a Koco, Nibbla will become more calm and its color more blue. Conversely, if Nibbla eats Lurchins, it will have the opposite effect.
The level is essentially a game of time management and maneuvering on the heroes' part; They must ensure that Nibbla is content with Kocos and swim in such a way that when Nibbla trails behind, it doesn't accidentally consume a Lurchin. Both of the level's Bonus Barrels are behind Lurchins, meaning that it is possible Nibbla will eat one and become crazed prior to the lead Kong's ability to get into the bonus stage. At the end of the level, there is a No Animal Sign for Nibbla, which is strange given the fact that it isn't an Animal Buddy, and Dixie/Kiddy receive no reward for escorting the animal to the sign. At the end of the level, a DK Barrel is provided so that Kiddy can throw Dixie northwest of the End of Level Flag and defeat Koin.
- Bear Coin: 2
- DK Barrel: 4
- DK Coin: Koin is found by using the Team-Up throw northeast of the End of Level Flag.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: At the top of an open area with some Lurchin.
- O: A trail of bananas leads to the "O" Letter. To the right of it is a Lurcin.
- N: Found in a corner guarded by a Lurchin.
- G: In a corner northeast of two Red Koco proceeding a Lurchin.
- No Animal Sign: 1
- Collect 15 Bananas! -- The first bonus barrel is guarded by a Lurchin, east of a formation of bananas pointing west. In the stage, 35 seconds are provided get amass fifteen green bananas in open water. Nibbla is not present for this bonus stage.
- Bash the Baddies! -- The second bonus barrel is found near the end of the stage. The last Lurchin in the stage -- that is, the last Lurchin in a succession of three Lurchin swimming up and down narrow passageways swims below the bonus barrel. In this stage, forty seconds are provided to utilize Nibbla to defeat some Koco in open water.