This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|Notable features||Ellie will be playable for most of this dark level. If Ellie spots a Sneek in direct light, she will flee from it.|
|Enemies encountered||Sneeks, Re-Koils, Buzzes, Koin
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Murky Mill is the fifth level of Lake Orangatanga in the game, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, accessible after completing Skidda's Row.
Murky Mill takes place inside of a poorly lit interior of a windmill. At the start of the level, Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong must jump on a platform. Once the platform reaches to the top, they must jump into the Ellie Barrel to become Ellie the Elephant, who will be playable for the remainder of the level. Ellie can pick up Wooden Barrels and Steel Barrels with her trunk, and throw them at enemies in her way. She needs to do this in order to advance beyond Sneeks, because she is too afraid to get close to the mice that are underneath proper lighting. In areas without lights, Ellie can defeat Sneeks normally by jumping on them, but throughout the stage there are points where illuminated Sneeks will pose as roadblocks. Ellie just needs to grab a Wooden Barrel and throw it at the mice to progress.
Sometimes, there will be Re-Koil enemies in the way to Sneeks, serving as obstacles that can break a held wooden barrel. Also, there are both varieties of Buzz enemies encountered in this stage as well. Ellie can use her ability to suck in barrels from a distance to defeat specific Sneeks or a Buzz that guards the entrance to the second bonus level. Shortly before the End of Level Flag, a No Animal Sign will allow the Kongs to return to normal and finish the level, giving way to a Swanky's Sideshow (or Swanky's Dash in the Game Boy Advance version) and the area boss, in the level called Belcha's Barn.
- Ellie: Directly after the first DK Barrel.
- Bananas: 147
- Bear Coin: 3
- DK Coin: After the second DK Barrel, go to the right. Throw the Steel Keg over Koin.
- Extra Life Balloons:A Green Extra Life Balloon is hidden, above the fifth Sneek.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: At the first light, after the second Sneek.
- O: Above the third Re-Koil.
- N: After the ninth Sneek.
- G: Above the eighth Ro-Koil.
- Bash the Baddies: Located inside the trapdoor below the first Buzz. Ellie has to pass the Buzz, get a Steel Keg and throw it at the Buzz blocking the trapdoor. In the stage, 25 seconds are given to defeat four Buzz that are high above the ground with a respawning Steel Keg.
- Find the Coin: Before the fifth Red Buzz, Ellie must go left, a invisible Arrow Barrel will launch her to an area with 2 green Buzzes and a Steel Keg. Ellie have to suck the Steel Keg to kill the Buzz below, revealing a Bonus Level. In the stage, fifteen seconds are given for Ellie to maneuver past two sets of a pair of Buzzes encircling the path to the Bonus Coin.
Game Boy Advance
- During the development of DKC3, Murky Mill was located in Kremwood Forest and Squeals on Wheels in Lake Orangatanga. They were swapped one month before the game's release.
- Nintendo Power #90, pages 26, 28, 30, 31. Nintendo Power #91, page 55.