|Notable features||Lightning storm.|
|Enemies encountered||Booty Bird, Knik-Knaks, Buzzes, Koin
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!|
Lightning Lookout is the third level in the world KAOS Kore of the game Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
In this riverside level, Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong must get to the other side of the river while its in the middle of a lightning storm. Lightning will attempt to target the Kongs to the best of its ability and then strike. Ideally, the best way to avoid being struck is to either keep moving or have an enemy directly above as it strikes. Luckily, several Green and Red Buzz enemies are found flying above, which act as shields. Green Buzz are instantly defeated by being struck, and the Red Buzz are immune to being struck. There will be a small "warning" as to where the lightning will strike overhead before striking, which will help determine if Dixie/Kiddy should dodge or not. More often than not, if the pair just run forward, it will not strike them.
- DK Barrels: 3
- DK Coin: To access the Steel Keg, two Booty Bird enemies are involved; when Dixie/Kiddy encountered the first Booty Bird in the level, have the lightning strike on it. The Booty Bird will drop a wooden barrel, which must be used to defeat a second Booty Bird just ahead of the first one. After defeating the second Booty Bird, it will drop the Steel Keg, which can be used to defeat the Koin found a short distance ahead.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: On top of a floating wooden barrel.
- O: Above a small pool of water.
- N: In between two Buzz.
- G: Above two Red Buzz.
- Bash the Baddies!: The Bonus Barrel is located underneath the "O". In this bonus level, Dixie/Kiddy have fifteen seconds to defeat all the Knik-Knaks in the area.
- Grab 15 Bananas!: The bonus barrel is found in plain sight, above a small lake with three floating wooden barrels. The Kongs have thirty seconds to grab all fifteen bananas in a small area. Lightning will try to strike the Kongs as they collect the bananas.