This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Tracker Barrel Trek
|Tracker Barrel Trek|
|Notable features||Tracker Barrels|
|Animal Buddies||Ellie the Elephant|
|Enemies encountered||Bristles, Buzz, Knik-Knak, Koin, Nibbla, Re-Koil
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
This level features Tracker Barrels, a type of Barrel Cannon that will launch Dixie and Kiddy up, and follow them when they move left or right while airborne. These are used to cross large gaps near waterfalls. Buzzes are typical obstacles during these Tracker Barrel sections. Outside of the Tracker Barrel segments, there are walking areas with various minions of Baron K. Rool, such as Bristles, Krumple, and Re-Koil.
About halfway through the level, past the Star Barrel, the Animal Buddy Ellie the Elephant will be playable via her Animal Barrel. As Ellie, she can absorb the waterfall's water to use as a projectile against enemies. She can squirt water as a projectile mid-air to defeat Buzzes, but cannot regain water mid-air. Near the end, her No Animal Sign will revert the Kongs back to normal and they will receive a Steel Keg to use on the Koin west of the sign.
- Bristles: 5
- Buzz: 14
- Knik-Knak: 7
- Koin: After reaching the No Animal Sign, Ellie transforms into a Steel Keg. The Keg must be thrown to the left of the Koin, bounced off the wall, and hit its back.
- Krumple: 9
- Re-Koil: 2
- Bear Coin: 2
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: Koin is found while progressing in the level normally. Getting Ellie past the No Animal Sign will reward Dixie/Kiddy with a steel barrel to use against Koin.
- Extra Life Balloon
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Hovering above the first launcher barrel.
- O: Behind a waterfall. A Buzz flies directly above it.
- N: Right next to a barrel cannon after some Re-koils.
- G: Found by going into a barrel cannon after a Krumple.
- No Animal Sign: 1
- Collect 70 Stars! -- The first bonus barrel is found by getting past the first Buzz, proceeding above it, and using Dixie's Helicopter Spin off the cliff going east to reach the barrel. The duo have 25 seconds to grab 70 stars over a chasm. Barrel cannons can be used to grab the stars and reach the end of the area.
- Bash the Baddies! -- Not too long after becoming Ellie, a tracker barrel will be found behind a waterfall. Ellie can use it to reach the bonus barrel. It is guarded by two Buzz, and Ellie can defeat them with her water attack. In the bonus stage, she must defeat seven Knik-Knaks in under 25 seconds. Her ability to use water as a projectile is not usable in this stage; the various barrel cannons must launch her so she can stomp on the Knik-Knaks.
Game Boy Advance
- A graphical quirk that exists in the original DKC3 was fixed in the Game Boy Advance remake; In the Super Nintendo version, when defeating enemies behind a waterfall, their defeated animation would play outside of the waterfall. In the remake, this was fixed so that enemies defeated behind waterfalls remain behind waterfalls.