This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Theme||Stilt Village (SNES)|
Stilt Village (GBA)
|Enemies encountered||Buzz, Klasp, Kobble, Koin, Nibbla, Re-Koil
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Kreeping Klasps is the third level of Cotton-Top Cove in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. After this level is Tracker Barrel Trek.
In this boardwalk level, Kiddy Kong and Dixie Kong need to reach the end of the level by climbing a series of horizontal ropes. Right in the beginning, there is a weak area in the boardwalk that can be broken by having Dixie use the Team-Up throw to toss Kiddy onto the weak point. A Bear Coin will be the reward for doing so. Also, Kiddy can toss Dixie above the level entrance to get a red Extra Life Balloon. Beyond that, the level alternates between brief walking segments and rope climbing areas. The main level enemy Klasp can be found climbing these ropes.
Klasps appear to be Knockas with a TNT Barrel that when touched will explode. There is no known way of defeating this foe without taking damage, so they must be avoided. To make matters worse, the Nibbla fish will be following the heroes from below. If the duo get off the rope and fall into the water, the Nibbla will eat them. Aside from those two enemies, there are some Kobble, Re-Koil, and Buzz enemies encountered.
- Buzz: 6
- Klasp: 15
- Kobble: 5
- Koin: At the very end, a Steel Barrel is hidden after the End of Level Flag, which can be used to defeat the Koin found before the exit.
- Re-Koil: 5
- Bear Coin: 3
- Red Extra Life Balloon 2
- DK Barrel: 3
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above the first rope of the level.
- O: Underneath a Klasp.
- N: Between two boardwalks, underneath a short rope.
- G: Shortly after the "N", the "G" is above a rope, and a Klasp is near by.
- Grab 15 Bananas! -- The first bonus stage is encircled by two Green Buzz above a tightrope. Proper timing with jumps will allow the heroes to enter. In this bonus stage, two parallel horizontal ropes are over the water with Nibbla, and the Kongs have 25 seconds to grab the quickly disappearing green bananas on the ropes.
- Find the Coin! -- Accessed by falling down a tightrope with two Klasps shortly after the Star Barrel. The duo will have fifteen seconds to grab a Bonus Coin on the other side of the river. A lone rope with four Klasps can be used to get over. As usual, Nibbla is below.