This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Barrel Drop Bounce
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Barrel Drop Bounce|
|Animal Buddies||Parry the Parallel Bird|
|Enemies encountered||Buzzes, Booty Bird, Koin, Krimp, Bristles
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
In this level, Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong must traverse up a waterfall. Wooden Barrels are falling from the top of the waterfall, which can be used as platforms to ascend up. Throughout the level, Dixie and Kiddy must use the barrels to gain height, and in between, avoid Krimp and Bristles. It's worth noting that a majority of the segments that involve ascending the waterfall via the barrels can be circumvented or made much easier by utilizing Dixie and Kiddy's Team-Up throw; Kiddy can toss Dixie upward for a height boost to reach ledges and Auto-Fire Barrels as long as they are both present.
Later on in the level, Parry the Parallel Bird can be obtained, and if the Kongs manage to avoid letting Parry get hurt by Buzz enemies, a Green Extra Life Balloon will be awarded. Also worth noting is the fact that the "G" can be easily missed; it is to the right of the End of Level Flag, obtained by defeating the Booty Bird. A team-up attack can be used to defeat it, or a wooden barrel found near the left of the waterfall. The level Krack-Shot Kroc is made available after raising the Level Flag.
- Animal Crate: Contains Parry the Parallel Bird.
- Bear Coins: 1
- Crate: 1
- DK Coin: A Steel Keg can be found by making a detour early in the level; to the right of the "K" is a path which leads to it. Throw it against the right wall and travel with it to the left and the Koin will be there. Make Koin move its shield and the DK Coin will be acquired.
- Green Extra Life Balloon: Reward for getting Parry to the No Animal Sign safely.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found after the first Auto Fire Barrel in the level.
- O: Above a Krimp.
- N: Found near a banana trail leading to another part of the level.
- G: Obtained by defeating the Booty Bird to the right of the End of Level Flag.
- Steel Kegs: 1
- Wooden Barrel: 1
- Collect 15 bananas!: The first Bonus Barrel is found northeast of the pair of wooden barrels going down the waterfall, near the "K" Letter; Use them to climb to the higher point on the left, then turn around and use them to jump to the barrel on the right. In the bonus level, green Bananas will spawn on the waterfall where some wooden barrels are falling down. The bananas fade away quickly, so the Kongs must be nimble to acquire all 15. The time limit is thirty seconds.
- Find the Coin!: Found to the right of the "N"; Dixie will have to use her Helicopter Twirl to get to a falling wooden barrel and them jump off of it to reach the barrel. In the level, the Kongs must go up the waterfall by using the falling wooden barrels within twenty seconds.