This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Barrel Shield Bust-Up
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Barrel Shield Bust-Up|
|Notable features||Minkey and Nid enemies|
|Enemies encountered||Sneek, Minkey, Buzz, Nid
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3
Barrel Shield Bust-Up is a level of Kremwood Forest. In the original Super Nintendo version of Donkey Kong Country 3, it is the first level of said area, but later in the Game Boy Advance version it is the fourth.
Barrel Shield Bust-Up is a unique type of level that takes place directly inside two giant hollow trees. The main goal of the level is to get to the top of the giant tree. Dixie and Kiddy can get up the tree by climbing up ropes and jumping on platforms. The vertical sections are usually climbing rope while Minkey toss stones at the duo, while the horizontal sections usually involve alternating between the two trees.
The Minkeys are small, white monkeys that climb onto the inside of the hollow trees. They do nothing more than toss stones at the Kongs, which hurt. Sometimes there will be half of a barrel as cover, though in most cases good timing is needed to get by. Other enemies include a few Sneek, Buzz, and the rare Nid. Nid makes its first appearance here, only to be seen in one other level of the game.
This level also has several hidden areas. For example, at some point going between two trees, the Team-Up jump can be used to reach a higher area with the Koin. TNT Barrels also hint to breakable areas of the tree leading to a bonus area.
- Bear Coins: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Floating to the left of the first rope.
- O: Directly on a rope going up, after three Minkey enemies. Hard to miss.
- N: Found floating above a rope.
- G: The first Nid should give the necessary boost to reach the "G".
- Find the Coin! -- Dixie and Kiddy will have to climb a long rope up while six Minkeys toss stones at them. The Minkeys toss fast, there is no cover, and a 15 second time limit. Once they reach the top, they can jump down to the right to grab a Bonus Coin.
- Grab 15 Bananas! -- The heroes will have 35 seconds to obtain 15 green Bananas. These bananas disappear after a few seconds, and are all found on one rope where Minkey are constantly tossing rocks, as usual. The Kongs must make quick movements to grab the fruit and avoid projectiles. After, at the very bottom of the tree truck is the Bonus Coin.
Game Boy Advance
- There is a glitch possible in the Game Boy Advance version of this level. When Dixie tosses Kiddy into the Koin, Kiddy will bounce off and be ride-able. This normally should not be possible. As a result, when Kiddy gets off of Dixie, she will always appear to be bending down. This can be fixed by pressing "Select" to switch the player Kong.