This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Bobbing Barrel Brawl
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Bobbing Barrel Brawl|
|Enemies encountered||Buzz, Knik-Knak, Krimp, Booty Bird, Koin
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3
Bobbing Barrel Brawl is the fifth level of Kremwood Forest in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and the final regular level of the area before Arich.
Barrel Bobble Brawl is a riverside level where Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong must get across rivers to reach the end. This level alternates between walking segments and river crossing segments. Ellie the Elephant is used throughout the majority of the level. The Kongs are turned into her via her Animal Barrel at the start of the level. Ellie's unique ability is to use her trunk is utilized throughout the entire level; Early on, her ability to suck in water and squirt the water out like a projectile is introduced. In vein of a previous level, Murky Mill, Ellie can also use her trunk to pick up and throw various types of Barrels, to be used as a means to defeat enemies or as means of getting across a body of water safely.
There is a single enemy that is invincible throughout the level; Nibbla. Nibbla is a maroon fish that follows Ellie, and attempts to bite her if she goes into the water. To avoid confrontation Ellie may get a barrel to stick to her trunk, and release it into the water. It will float, acting as a platform to avoid going underwater. There are certain parts of the riverbank where Nibbla does not patrol, but overall Nibbla is a dangerous threat in the level to be avoided. If Ellie accidentally lands in the water with Nibbla, she may have a few moments to escape the water before being bitten.
- Krimp: 4
- Green: 10
- Red: 7
- Knik-Knak: 3
- Booty Bird: 5
- Koin: Found while normally going through the level. A Steel Keg is located to its left. Ellie must throw the barrel in between Koin and the red Buzz for it to bounce off the wall to reveal a DK Coin.
- Bear Coin: 2
- DK Coin: Koin is encountered by progressing through the level normally. A steel barrel is guarded by two Red Buzz. Sucking in the steel barrel at the right time will allow Ellie to use it to bounce off a wall and defeat Koin.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Located Behind the first Red Buzz in the level, Ellie must use a DK Barrel to defeat the Booty Bird containing the TNT to defeat the Red Buzz.
- O: Found hovering in an arc of bananas near the Star Barrel.
- N: Also found in an arc of bananas, this time above water.
- G: Above a Krimp.
- Find the Coin! -- Ellie will be shot in an Auto Fire Barrel beyond the first bonus barrel. Upon landing she can simply turn around, defeat the Booty Bird above the Red Buzz via her water attack, and access the bonus barrel. In the stage, Ellie must get the barrels into the river while avoiding Nibbla, so she may get to the other side to obtain a Bonus Coin. The time limit is twenty-five seconds.
- Collect 10 Stars! -- The second bonus barrel is at the bottom of a body of water. Ellie cannot swim to it; she must fall from a great enough height to sink down into the bonus barrel. By proceeding past the body of water, two Knik-Knak will take flight near the water. They can be jumped on to reach the height necessary to sink to the bottom and reach the barrel. In the stage, Ellie must use Steel Barrels that floating in the water to get ten stars in under fifteen seconds, while avoiding Nibbla. On the other side of the Bonus Level is the Bonus Coin once all of the stars are collected.
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Game Boy Advance
- A rare, blue Extra Life Balloon can be earned in this level if the monkeys use a TNT barrel and throw it at the Koin.