This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Glimmer's Galleon (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|Enemies encountered||Flotsam, Lockjaw, Puftup, Shuri, Spiny
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Glimmer's Galleon gets its namesake from the Donkey Kong Country 2 level of the same name, however Glimmer the Angler Fish is completely absent from the level. Instead, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong must utilize special barrels located underwater in order to light up the dark underwater ship hold. The mechanic is somewhat like the level Loopy Lights of the original Donkey Kong Country, the main difference being the fact that this level is underwater. Enguarde can be used to help get through the majority of the level, being able to defeat any aquatic foe with his bill attack, and swim/maneuver quicker. Some of the illuminating barrels will light up the level for a shorter duration than others. While the level is in darkness, the walls of the level won't be seen, making it hard to tell when something is in the way. Generally speaking, the bananas will help lead to illuminating barrels; if lost, following a banana trail is best.
- Banana Coin: 3
- DK Barrels: 4
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found by going to the right of the start, and then upwards of the first illuminating barrel found on this path.
- O: Found by passing through a wall of crates into an area with some enemies.
- N: Located near a Banana Bunch, southwest of the Star Barrel.
- G: In an area with multiple Puftup enemies, taking the southern path will lead to the "G".
- No Animal Sign: 2
- Collect the Stars! -- Diddy/Dixie will have twenty-five seconds to amass forty stars in an underwater area. Following the trail of stars will take the Kongs around the room in a circle, and at the beginning will their Kremkoin await.
- Find the Token! -- The Kongs will begin in the upper right corner of a maze, and must get to the bottom right corner to get the Kremkoin. The room must be kept illuminated or else it will go dark. They have twenty seconds to get to the end.
The Star Barrel is found