From Donkey Kong Wiki
|Greater Location||Crocodile Isle|
|Number of Levels||5|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
Gloomy Gulch is the fifth area of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Donkey Kong Land 2. The area consists of abandoned houses and libraries below K. Rool's Keep. As the area title suggests, the general atmosphere is dark and ominous.
- Ghostly Grove: In this level, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong need to get to the other side of a dense forest. Kloaks will appear at various points and throw items at the duo. Ghost Ropes will appear to help the Kongs transverse long gaps, and these gaps sometimes have Zingers patrolling the area.
- Haunted Hall: Haunted Hall is the second level in Gloomy Gulch. It is set in a an abandoned library, where the heroes must ride a Mine Cart to the end. Haunted Hall is home to Kackle, the ghost of the Hall who chases after intruders, including the Kongs. They must reach the finish before Kackle catches them.
- Krazy Koaster: Krazy Koaster replaces Haunted Hall as the second level of Gloomy Gulch in Donkey Kong Land 2. It serves as a more generic mine cart stage with no particular theme and uses the amusement park background and music instead of those unique to Haunted Hall.
- Gusty Glade: Gusty Glade is a dense forest level much like Ghostly Grove, but with a twist; heavy gusts and winds interfere with the Kong's way of getting to the end of the level. The wind will be neutral at the start, but soon after it will either blow strongly to the left or right, with no break in between. The wind is a blessing and a curse, as it will greatly assist the Kong's jumps, though may backfire and set them backwards or flying into foes. Rattly can be found early in the level by using Team-Up to toss a Kong over to the upper left where the level starts.
- Parrot Chute Panic: Diddy and Dixie will start the level in a bee hive. A purple Squawks, by the name of Quawks, will be found by dropping down the pit where the level starts. Quawks lacks the strength to fly up, only slowly descending down, hence the level name's pun on "parachute panic". Many Zingers and other members of the Kremling Krew will appear to pester the Kongs in their downward flight.
- Web Woods: The final level of the area is another dense forest, but with a mist in the foreground. The initial section of the level will be played as Diddy/Dixie, but later Squitter the Spider's Animal Barrel will be found in a small room. The rest of the level is played as the spider, utilizing Squitter's abilities to defeat enemies and act as web platforms.
- Kreepy Krow: The area guardian, Kreepy Krow is the ghostly spirit of Krow, the boss of the first world of DKC2.
|Worlds of Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Land|
|Donkey Kong Country||Kongo Jungle • Monkey Mines • Vine Valley • Gorilla Glacier |
Kremkroc Industries, Inc. • Chimp Caverns • Gangplank Galleon
|Donkey Kong Land||Gangplank Galleon Ahoy! • Kremlantis • Monkey Mountains • Chimpanzee Clouds • Big Ape City|
|Country 2/Land 2||Gangplank Galleon • Crocodile Cauldron • Krem Quay • Krem Cauldron (DKL2) • |
Krazy Kremland • Gloomy Gulch • K. Rool's Keep • The Flying Krock • Lost World
|Country 3||Lake Orangatanga • Kremwood Forest • Cotton Top Cove • Mekanos • K3 |
Razor Ridge • Pacifica (GBA) • KAOS Kore • Krematoa
|Land III||Cape Codswallop • Primate Plains • Blackforest Plateau • Great Ape Lakes • Tin Can Valley • Lost World|
|Returns||Jungle • Beach • Ruins • Cave • Forest • Cliff • Factory • Volcano • Golden Temple|