This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Arctic Abyss (Donkey Kong Land 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|World||K. Rool's Keep|
|Animal Buddies||Enguarde the Swordfish|
|Enemies encountered||Flotsam, Puftup, Shuri, Lockjaw, Spiny
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2|
|<< List of Levels >>|
Arctic Abyss takes place in a frozen ice cavern with a lot of water to swim in. Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong will begin the level submerged underwater. Enguarde the Swordfish's Animal Barrel can be found twice in this level, to help make the underwater segments easier. Unlike the level it's modeled after in Donkey Kong Country 2, the water level will never rise or sink. As per being an underwater level, every underwater enemy is present; Flotsam, Shuri, Puftup, and Lockjaw will all be encountered. Thus, getting to Enguarde's animal barrel is crucial for success in this level. In between Enguarde segments, the Kongs will have to be wary of Spiny enemies on the cavern's floors. They can also go back in the smaller pools of water found throughout the cavern, which will have the aquatic enemies.
- Banana Coin: 1
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: A Cartwheel jump or Helicopter Twirl is needed to reach a high up ice platform to the right of the Star Barrel to access the DK Coin.
- Extra Life Balloon:
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found above two Puftup floating high.
- O: At the bottom of a pool of water to the left of the Star Barrel.
- N: In a corner high above a lone Shuri.
- G: At the end of a small cavern. Taking a left turn at a fork in the path will lead to the "G" Letter.
- Find the Token! -- Fifteen seconds are given to get to the bottom of a segment of the ice cavern shaped like a mirrored "S". Enguarde can defeat all of the enemies along the way and reach the Kremkoin with ease.
- Collect the Stars! -- Enguarde has twenty seconds to accumulate 25 stars found in an area of the cavern. The stars are arranged so that they spell out "DK". The Kremkoin will appear at the southern corner of the area.