This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Fiery Furnace (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|Animal Buddies||Rambi the Rhinoceros|
|Enemies encountered||Flitter, Neek, Kaboing, Klampon, Klobber, Krochead, Kruncha, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2
Fiery Furnace begins with some Klampon, Klobber, and Kruncha enemies patrolling the grounds. Soon after, there will be a segment where Rotatable Barrels must be used to cross a huge pool of lava. This is a prelude to the remainder of the level, which is a mix of using the barrel cannons and riding on Hot Air Balloons reached by being launched out of rotatable barrels. The hot air balloons function identically to their previous appearance in Red-Hot Ride; after jumping on top of one, Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong can move left or right to influence the movement of the balloon as it slowly but surely descends into the lava pits below. Squitter the Spider is playable for a portion of the level, and he can use his web attack to defeat any of the airborne Zinger enemies that reside above the lava pools. Additionally, Squitter's ability to make web platforms must be utilized to cross the lava pools and reach items such as the "N" KONG Letter and a Banana Coin.
- Banana Bunch: 2
- Banana Coin: 3
- DK Barrel:
- DK Coin: In the bonus level.
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 (in treasure chest)
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: In front of a barrel cannon within the barrel blasting segment at the beginning.
- O: Found while descending from a Hot Air Balloon.
- N: As Squitter, a banana trail will allude to where the "N" Letter is; above some low-profile Zingers east of a small island with a Klobber.
- G: In between two Klobbers.
- Treasure Chest: 1
- Wooden Barrel: 1
- Find the Token! -- The bonus barrel for this stage can be accessed by getting through the barrel blasting segment past the No Animal Sign, walking west, and doing a roll jump off of the west edge of the island to the bonus barrel. Alternatively, they can go past the No Animal Sign, get into the first barrel cannon, and as its moving all the way to the right and aiming right, fire the cannon so that Diddy/Dixie can be launched directly into the bonus barrel. In the stage, twenty seconds are given to cross a lava pool. A Krockhead Barrel may be used to summon Krockheads to jump on. Some Flitter enemies fly above the lava pool as well.