This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Gangplank Galley (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|Enemies encountered||Neek, Kaboing, Klomp, Kruncha
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2
Gangplank Galley is the third level of Donkey Kong Land 2, named after Gangplank Galley of Donkey Kong Country 2. It is also a ship deck level, but oddly does not use the ship deck theme. It is after Mainbrace Mayhem, and upon completion, unlocks Lockjaw's Locker.
The level is similar to Pirate Panic, taking place on a ship deck with several minions, gaps, and hooks along the way. A majority of the enemies encountered are simply Neeks; most of the difficulty comes from hook jumping. In addition, Rambi makes his debut appearance of DKL2 in this level; his Animal Barrel comes right before the Star Barrel. He makes quick work of any enemies in his way, including the tough Krunchas in the level. Other enemies include Klomp and Kaboing, the latter of which also makes its first appearance of DKL2. After Rambi goes through the No Animal Sign, there is still a fair bit left to the level. Diddy/Dixie can follow the hooks upward to proceed normally and get the "G" KONG Letter, but if they go the downward path, they will be lead to the DK Coin and Bonus Barrel.
- Extra Life Balloons: 2
- Crate: 1
- Treasure Chest: 1
- Banana Coin: 4
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above a stack of barrels.
- O: After the Star Barrel, there should be an area to top right with a hook and the "O" nearby.
- N: Also above a stack of barrel; this stack can be found after the Star Barrel.
- G: A barrel cannon will launch the duo into the "G". This cannon is found to the upper right in a series of hooks toward the end of the level.
- Destroy them All! - Diddy/Dixie have twenty seconds to defeat four Neek and two Klomp. The Kremkoin upon defeating all six enemies is to the upper right of some barrels.