This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Squawks's Shaft (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|Enemies encountered||Flitter, Neek, Kannon, Klomp, Krook, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2
Squawks's Shaft is a level featured in the Krem Quay area of Donkey Kong Land 2. It is modeled after the Donkey Kong Country 2 level of the same name. After this level, the swamp area of Krem Quay begins, with the level Barrel Bayou.
Squawks's Shaft begins with a walking section. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong will have to go up the mine shaft while dealing with the typical members of the Kremling Krew that patrol mines; Klomps, Neeks, and Krooks. While they are realetively easy to deal with, the initial part of the level also contains some barrel cannon blasting. The duo will have to launch themselves from barrel cannons into other cannons, and with proper timing and positioning they can reach the top. Shortly after the monkeys reach the Star Barrel, they will have access to the Squawks Animal Barrel, transforming them into the parrot.
Squawks has two main abilities that are quite useful for this level; he can fly, by continuously pressing the A button, and spit coconuts from his mouth by pressing the B button. Squawks' coconut projectile shoots in an upwards arc, and can hurt all enemies found in the level including the Zingers. The latter half of the level is using Squawks to get higher up the shaft, exploring for hidden collectibles such as Banana Coins and KONG Letters, and avoiding Zingers, Krooks, and a Kannon. At the very top of the level there is a No Animal Sign, and to the right of the sign is the exit.
- Banana Coin: 3
- DK Barrels: 3
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: At the first Barrel Cannon, launch from the cannon and go left to reach a hidden cannon to take the Kongs to a platform with the "K" and a bonus room.
- O: After a DK Barrel, a barrel cannon will launch the heroes to the upper left of a banana trail. Using Dixie's Helicopter Spin, she can reach a hook to grab on to and jump to the right to get the "O".
- N: To the left of some Zinger.
- G: In a right side corner above the second Bonus Barrel.
- No Animal Sign: 1
- Destroy Them All! -- Diddy/Dixie will have twenty seconds to defeat six Neek.
- Destroy Them All! -- Squawks will have twenty seconds to defeat four Zinger.