This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Ghostly Grove (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|Notable features||Ghost Ropes|
|Enemies encountered||Klampon, Klobber, Klomp, Kruncha, Spiny, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2
Ghostly Grove takes place in the eerie forests of the Gloomy Gulch. It is home to familiar faces such as Klampons and Klomp, but also featured the Ghost Ropes. The Ghost Ropes are prominently featured throughout the level, acting as vertical ropes that disappear and then reappear shortly after. Over the course of level, the Ghost Ropes are used to cross gaps, with Zinger posing as aerial obstacles. In addition, the Ghost Ropes can help elevate Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong to items and bonus areas. Typically, Ghost Ropes are set to disappear and reappear in a pattern; getting on one ghost rope too late can mean that the other ones in the succession will vanish. Fortunately, Dixie's Helicopter Spin can be utilized to help cross abysses without the worry of a ghost rope disappearing before the Kongs can reach them.
- Banana Coin: 2
- Crates: 1
- DK Coin: Northeast of the End of Level Target. Dixie can be used to fly over the target and get to the Ghost Rope needed to reach the coin.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: To the right of a ghost rope.
- O: A ghost rope should just barely be visible above a Klobber. The rope leads to the "O".
- N: Shortly after the checkpoint, it is between some ghost ropes.
- G: After three consecutive Klomps.
- Find the Token! -- Diddy/Dixie have ten seconds to make it across a gap, filled with Zingers and Ghost Ropes, to reach their Kremkoin. Dixie's Helicopter Spin is best used for success, given the short time.