This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Rattle Battle (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|Animal Buddies||Rattly the Rattlesnake|
|Enemies encountered||Flitter, Kaboing, Kannon, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2
Rattle Battle is the ninth level in the Krem Quay area of Donkey Kong Land 2. It is a Rattly the Rattlesnake level, much like its namesake level in Donkey Kong Country 2. Getting to the end of this level leads to Slime Climb.
Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong must use the Animal Barrel for Rattly to transform into him, and as Rattly, get to the other side of the ship deck. Rattly's animal barrel can be found immediately at the start of the level and near the Star Barrel. Rattly is needed because the ship deck is in terrible condition; there are huge holes and gaps in between segments of the ship, and Rattly's jumping ability is needed to cross. Sometimes Rattly will have to jump off of enemies such as Zinger or Flitter to pass an abyss. Usually, Banana trails will indicate the direction where Rattly should be moving towards. There are some hidden items high above the screen that are hinted at with a Banana trail; hit the "Select" button to charge a super-jump and release to go up very high to reach said items. Some of the hidden items include a Banana Coin and even the level's DK Coin.
- Banana Coin: 2
- DK Barrels: 3
- DK Coin: Several bananas forming an up arrow will indicate when Rattly should use the charge jump to grab the DK Coin, high above, offscreen.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above the first stack of barrels.
- O: Above a Zinger, between a gap in the ship.
- N: Above the first Kannon enemy encountered.
- G: Found by going through the level normally.
- Find the Token! -- Rattly will have twenty seconds to jump off some Zinger enemies to get to the upper right corner of a ship deck area.
- Unusually, the song "Lockjaw's Saga" plays here, and not the ship deck theme.