This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Clapper's Cavern (Donkey Kong Land 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|World||K. Rool's Keep|
|Animal Buddies||Clapper the Seal|
|Enemies encountered||Klampon, Kruncha, Spiny, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2|
|<< List of Levels >>|
In this cavern level, the water is actually lava. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong must use Clapper the Seal to freeze the lava and slide across the pools of water found throughout the level. This is changed from the eponymous level in Donkey Kong Country 2, where Clapper must freeze the water to help the Kongs avoid a Lockjaw. The ice sliding mechanic is unchanged; the level revolves around Diddy/Dixie building up momentum running on the ice and either jumping or ducking to avoid Zingers found on the ice path. In between the pools of lava are walking segments, where Klampon, Spiny, and Kruncha enemies patrol the slippery area. There aren't any means provided to defeat the Krunchas encountered, so they must be avoided. Some enemies are found near Clapper; thankfully, they can't injure Clapper.
- Banana Coin: 2
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: At the beginning of the level, walk left. Where a lone banana is found on the ground, jump up and an invisible hook will be revealed. Jump up again to reach a Barrel Cannon that will launch the Kongs into the "K" letter, a Banana Coin, the DK Coin, and an Extra Life Balloon.
- Extra Life Balloon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: As mentioned previously, head left at the start and jump up into a barrel cannon to be launched into the "K" Letter.
- O: Above a pool of lava.
- N: In between two platforms, to the right of a Kruncha.
- G: To the right of the End of Level Target, jump around until Diddy/Dixie latches on to an invisible hook. Jump to the second hook to reach the "G" Letter.
- Find the Token! -- The Bonus Barrel for this bonus level is reached by jumping off of a Flitter. In the level, the heroes have fifteen seconds to get to the other side of a portion of the ice cavern. There are some Klampons that will be encountered on the platforms leading to the end.