This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Black Ice Battle (Donkey Kong Land 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Black Ice Battle|
|Animal Buddies||Enguarde the Swordfish|
|Enemies encountered||Klampon, Klobber, Spiny, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2|
|<< List of Levels >>|
Black Ice Battle is an ice cavern level without any underwater segments; Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong will have to descend the ice cavern while avoiding Zingers, Klampons, and Spiny enemies. The ground will always be slippery, making maneuvering quite tricky. Additionally, the heroes should be careful not to fall down too fast; descending too quickly, beyond what the Game Boy system can process, will result in losing a life. Dixie Kong's Helicopter Spin ability can make jumping over a multitude of Zinger easier, albeit not particularly quickly. In some points of the level, Klobber will try to ram the Kongs into the Zingers, but successfully avoiding his charge and jumping on his head will force him into his barrel, and he can be picked up and thrown like a Wooden Barrel to defeat a Zinger.
- Banana Bunch: 4
- Banana Coin: 2
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: The reward for finishing the bonus stage.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: East of a Zinger flying vertically and a lone Banana in midair.
- O: At a fork in the path with Spiny enemies left and right, taking the left path leads to the "O" Letter.
- N: Beneath the Star Barrel, the "N" Letter is in a pit near a Klampon.
- G: Above a Knocka.
- Find the Token! -- The bonus barrel is found by jumping off of invisible hooks made visible by jumping on them. The hooks are found in an area shortly beyond the "K" Letter, west of a Zinger and above a Spiny. Diddy/Dixie will have to jump northwest off of the hill east of the Spiny to reach the hooks. In the stage, the time limit is fifteen seconds, and the heroes must go down the cave area with several Zingers posing as obstacles.