Map. Click the world for the respective article.
|Worlds||8 (7 in DKL2)|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 2 |
Donkey Kong Land 2
Overview and history
In contrast to Donkey Kong Island or the Northern Kremisphere, which are like paradises, Crocodile Isle is a gloomy, dark and foreboding island. A majority of Crocodile Isle is shrouded in fog, and swampland is found almost everywhere. The southern coast of Crocodile Isle is constantly battered with rough currents, which, over the years, have bashed several ships on the island's rocky coast or swamped them in the island's bogs. Several parts of the island are volcanic, and the top of the island, where K. Rool's Keep is located, is battered by freezing winds and is frozen over.
Crocodile Isle is in close proximity to Donkey Kong Island, because the island can be seen from both Gangplank Galleon and K. Rool's Keep. Located inside Crocodile Isle is the Lost World, the birth place of the Kremlings. The Lost World also features a volcano named Krocodile Kore, which appears to power the island. Crocodile Isle has a massive Zinger and bramble infestation.
During the events of Donkey Kong Country 2, Diddy and Dixie adventured through Crocodile Isle searching for Donkey Kong, who was kidnapped by K. Rool. If players manage to gain the "best" ending, Kaptain K. Rool clogs the power source within Krocodile Kore and the island sinks in to the sea.
Crocodile Isle reappears in Donkey Kong Land 2. The island's levels are now different, and the game has a new world: Krem Cauldron, likely a fusion of Crocodile Cauldron and Krem Quay. Krocodile Kore also no longer pumps out energy. At the end of the game, Crocodile Isle sinks underwater.
In the obscure Donkey Kong comic "Bumm-Badabumm Im Urwald", Crocodile Isle did not directly appear, but several locations based on its worlds were ventured through, like the Krockhead and crashed ship-filled swamp or the "Lost Land".
List of locations
- Gangplank Galleon: King K. Rool's Galleon is now wrecked, decaying and abandoned on the left coast of Crocodile Isle.
- Crocodile Cauldron: This area has a series of volcanoes. There are ships sunken in the lava, which indicates that the Cauldron could have once been a part of the ocean, but volcano eruptions changed the world. This world also has gem-filled mine shafts, where the Kremlings mine at.
- Krem Quay: This world is a dark, polluted swamp with a very large broken shipwreck.
- Krem Cauldron: The combination of Crocodile Cauldron and Krem Quay in Donkey Kong Land 2.
- Krazy Kremland: This world is an amusement park for Kremlings, and there are large brambles within it. There is a series of beehives around the world's entrance.
- Gloomy Gulch: This area, as the name suggests, is gloomy, scary, and aged. Many ghosts reside in this area.
- K. Rool's Keep: This area is K. Rool's castle, located at the very top of Crocodile Isle. There is a mine shaft and icy caverns.
- The Flying Krock: This area is Kaptain K. Rool's giant airship.
- Lost World: This area itself is located within Crocodile Isle. It has a bizarre climate, as some portions of it are jungles, while the other areas have either a frozen or a lava landscape. In the center of this world is a large volcano known as Krocodile Kore, which is shaped like the head of a Kremling.
|Donkey Kong universe|
|Rare Island Chain||Donkey Kong Island • Crocodile Isle • Northern Kremisphere • Timber's Island • Fruit Kingdoms • Sun Sun Island Chain|
|Planets and Others||Asteroid Belt • Planet Platean • Cosmic Highway • Mushroom World|