This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Gusty Glade (Donkey Kong Land 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Notable features||Strong wind|
|Animal Buddies||Rattly the Rattlesnake|
|Enemies encountered||Klampon, Klobber, Klomp, Kannon, Spiny, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2
Gusty Glade is the third level in Gloomy Gulch. Gusty Glade is modeled after the level of the same name in Donkey Kong Country 2. It is unlocked by finishing Krazy Koaster, and Parrot Chute Panic is unlocked by finishing this level.
This level features strong winds that blow left and right throughout the level, as indicated by leaves being blown in the direction its blowing. Rattly the Rattlesnake can be accessed in an area behind the starting point, but it can be tricky to access him. At the beginning of the level, an invisible hook can be made visible by jumping for it -- it's a little to the right of the first background tree. Following the hooks up and to the left will lead to Rattly's Animal Barrel. He can be used for the first half of the level. Using Rattly will make it impossible to gather all four KONG Letters, but he can defeat the Spiny and Klampon enemies easily, and jump large distances with ease. He will become a Banana Coin after passing the No Animal Sign. After Rattly, Dixie Kong and Diddy Kong are on their own to combat the gusty wind. They must time their jumps accordingly, so that the wind carries them to safety. At some points they will have to manually fire a Barrel Cannon in coordination with the wind.
- Banana Coin: 2
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: Obtained by getting in a Barrel Cannon, waiting for the wind to blow east, and firing so that the wind carries the Kongs into the DK Coin.
- Kannonball: 1
- Kannon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Inside the first treasure chest.
- O: On a small platform.
- N: Inside the second treasure chest.
- G: Above a Barrel Cannon near a hook.
- Treasure Chest: 2
- Collect the Stars! -- The heroes have twenty seconds to get twelve stars in a small area. The Kremkoin will appear on the far right.
- Destroy them All! -- Twenty seconds are provided to defeat two Kaboing, two Spiny, and one Klampon. The Klampon is near the two Spiny, so caution is advisable.