This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Toxic Tower (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|World||K. Rool's Keep|
|Notable features||Rising pool of acid|
|Animal Buddies||Squitter the Spider, Rattly the Rattlesnake, Squawks the Parrot|
|Enemies encountered||Klampon, Klinger, Krook, Neek, Spiny, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2
Toxic Tower takes place at the top of K. Rool's Keep, within a castle that is being filled with acid. Thus, this level is essentially a race to the top of the tower. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong must climb chains and jump on platforms to get above the rising acid. Luckily, there are various Animal Buddies that can be used throughout the level to make the climb easier. First, Squitter the Spider can be used. He can make web platforms to ascend. Next, Rattly the Rattlesnake can use his enhanced jumps to get to higher platforms quickly and efficiently. At certain points, Rattly will have to use a charged jump, done by holding "Select" and releasing after a second, to continue in the level. Past the Star Barrel is where Diddy or Dixie can transform into Squawks the Parrot, who has the most straightforward segment of the level; he can simply fly upward to safety. At the end of the stage, there is some chain climbing to do. If the heroes are fast enough, they can grab two Extra Life Balloons before they fly away at the Exit Target.
- Banana Coin: 4
- DK Barrels: 3
- DK Coin: As Rattly, the DK Coin is to the left of a formation of bananas that make an up arrow near a Kaboing.
- Extra Life Balloon: 2
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above the second Spiny enemy encountered after becoming Squitter.
- O: Above a formation of bananas arranged to look like an arrow pointing right as Rattly.
- N: To the left of a Krook as Squawks.
- G: Found in the upper right corner of a narrow path as Squawks.
- Find the Token! -- The Bonus Barrel is found to the left of the first Zinger enemy encountered as Rattly. In the bonus level, Rattly must get to the other side of a room in the castle with Zingers and Flitters. Rattly must jump off of the enemies to reach the other side and grab the Kremkoin.