This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Notable features||First appearance of Ellie.|
|Animal Buddies||Ellie the Elephant|
|Enemies encountered||Sneeks, Kobbles, Booty Bird, Koin
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Lakeside Limbo is the introductory level of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. It is the first stage of Lake Orangatanga. Finishing this level unlocks Doorstop Dash.
The first level of Lake Orangatanga takes place on a boardwalk. Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong can use their Team Up ability early in the level to reach the above area for bonuses. This level is pretty straightforward, being a long walk across the boardwalk, with a few enemies in their path. There are a few swimming segments as well. In fact, the second swimmable area, below the "N" Letter, leads to a bonus barrel, and to the right of the bonus barrel there is a hidden Green Extra Life Balloon. Absent in the stage is the Animal Buddy Rambi the Rhinoceros, who, unlike the previous two games, does not appear in the level at all, nor the game; Instead, Ellie the Elephant is found in the latter half of the level. Ellie can jump on enemies to defeat them or use her trunk to grab items such as Wooden Barrels.
- Ellie: After the Kobble above the second Bonus Barrel.
- Bananas: 107
- Bear Coins: 4
- DK Coin: Koin is near the O letter.
- Extra Life Balloons:
- It is hidden, above the first house.
- It is hidden, above the second house.
- Above the third house.
- Green: It is hidden, directly after the second Bonus Barrel.
- Blue: Above the last Kobble, right before the "No Ellie Sign".
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Shortly after the beginning.
- O: Near Koin.
- N: Near the Kobble after the second DK Barrel.
- G: Guarded inside the Booty Bird. Use a Barrel, or jump on him.
- Collect 50 Stars: Below the cracked floor, next to the group of bananas shaped like an "A" in the Super Nintendo version, or an "R" in the Game Boy Advance remake. Dixie must throw Kiddy to break the floor. In the bonus level, fifty stars must be amassed within twenty seconds. They are in an open area, and a tightrope is provided to climb on.
- Grab 15 Bananas: The second Bonus Barrel is accessed by getting in the water below the "N" letter and swimming forward. Thirty seconds are provided to get 15 green bananas that spawn randomly near a tightrope.