|Notable features||Lightning storm.|
|Enemies encountered||Booty Bird, Knik-Knaks, Buzzes, Koin
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!|
In this riverside level, Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong must get to the other side of the area in the midst of a lightning storm. Lightning will strike either on the path directly in front of where the Kongs are trying to go; Blindly running forward is not the best idea. Ideally, the best way to avoid being struck is to pace out movement, or have an enemy directly above as it strikes. Luckily, several Green and Red Buzz enemies are found flying above, which act as shields. Green Buzz are instantly defeated by being struck, and the Red Buzz are immune to being struck. Being in a body of water that the lightning as struck will instantly defeat the lead Kong.
There will be a small "warning" as to where the lightning will strike overhead before striking, which will help determine if Dixie/Kiddy should dodge or not. More often than not, if the pair just run forward, and hesitate upon seeing where the lightning will strike, they will be fine. Aside from Buzz enemies, Knik-Knak can be jumped on and picked up to act as shields, or Wooden Barrels can also be picked up for the same purpose. Finishing this stage opens the path to a Wrinkly's Save Cave (SNES) and the next stage, Koindozer Klamber.
- DK Barrels: 3
- DK Coin: To access the Steel Keg, two Booty Bird enemies are involved; when Dixie/Kiddy encountered the first Booty Bird in the level, have the lightning strike on it. The Booty Bird will drop a wooden barrel, which must be used to defeat a second Booty Bird just ahead of the first one. After defeating the second Booty Bird, it will drop the Steel Keg, which can be used to defeat the Koin found a short distance ahead.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: On top of a floating wooden barrel.
- O: Above a small pool of water.
- N: In between two Buzz shortly past the Star Barrel.
- G: Above two Red Buzz near the end of the stage.
- Star Barrel: Just beyond the level's Koin enemy.
- Wooden Barrel: 5
- Bash the Baddies!: The Bonus Barrel is located underneath the "O". In this bonus level, Dixie/Kiddy have fifteen seconds to defeat all the Knik-Knaks in the area. In the Super Nintendo version of DKC3, the Knik-Knak will spread out over a moderate sized lake. In the Gameboy Advance version of the game, the area was shrunk, the Knik-Knak are in much closer proximity of each other, and a Nibbla is in the waters below.
- Grab 15 Bananas!: The bonus barrel is found in plain sight, above a small lake with three floating wooden barrels. A Team-Up throw is needed to reach it. A DK Barrel is provided just past the lake. In the stage, the Kongs have thirty seconds to grab all fifteen bananas in a small area. Lightning will try to strike the Kongs as they collect the bananas.
Game Boy Advance
- In the SNES version of DKC3, if the player pauses the game just as lightning strikes, the lightning striking animation will still proceed despite the game being paused.
- In the GBA version of the game, lightning will still attempt to strike the heroes even as they finish the level by raising the End of Level Flag.