This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|Animal Buddies||Parry the Parallel Bird|
|Enemies encountered||Buzz, Koin
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Ropey Rumpus is the fifth level in Razor Ridge, of the game Donkey Kong Country 3. The area guardian is after this level; In the original Super Nintendo release of DKC3, the boss is Barbos. In the Game Boy Advance remake, it is instead Kroctopus.
In this level, Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong must traverse ropes that are oriented horizontally across large gaps. On these ropes, they will be confronted with several Buzz enemies; in fact, they are the only enemy to be featured in this level, aside from the usual Koin enemy. Green Buzz enemies will usually fly in patterns, such as up and down, or in a circle, while Red Buzz enemies are usually stagnant, in one place. Only one TNT Barrel is provided to deal with the Buzzes, at the beginning of the level, and it is actually supposed to be used to access a Bonus Barrel blocked off by a lone Red Buzz.
About halfway through the level, Parry the Parallel Bird's Animal Crate is encountered, and if broken, he will join the Kongs. Parry will collect any items above Dixie and Kiddy's heads, and there is a segment where Parry can be used to obtain a Red Extra Life Balloon and a Bear Coin. If Parry is successfully escorted to the end of the level and passes the No Animal Sign, he will transform into the second and final Bonus Barrel of the level.
- Banana Bunch: 3
- Bear Coin: 4
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: A Steel Keg is found by jumping down in the part after the Star Barrel where there are three Green Buzz on a horizontal rope. The area has two walls to bounce the Keg off of and defeat the Koin.
- Extra Life Balloon: 2 Red
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found by going up several horizontal ropes.
- O: In a spot where there is a Red Buzz below a vertically moving Green Buzz, drop directly down to find two bear coins on the right ledge, and the "O" on the left.
- N: Is found shortly after the Koin enemy.
- G: Found right before the End of Level Flag
- Steel Kegs: 1
- Find the Coin!: Found by grabbing the first TNT Barrel seen in the level, running off the right side of the platform and sticking to the right wall all the way down to explode an entrance to the bonus barrel. In the bonus level, Dixie & Kiddy have fifteen seconds to get to the other side of a rope, with several Buzz enemies encircling various sections of the rope.
- Collect 15 Bananas!: By getting Parry to the No Animal Sign, he will transform into the Bonus Barrel. The bonus level has Dixie/Kiddy collect fifteen bananas within forty seconds. The area is a small tightrope rope with two Buzzes encircling the area. In the Super Nintendo version of Donkey Kong Country 3, the Buzzes encircle the inside of the rope, and the bananas do not appear on their path. In the Game Boy Advance remake, the Bananas can be found on the path that the Buzzes take as well as in the middle, and the Buzz encircle both ends of the rope.