This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Tyrant Twin Tussle
|Tyrant Twin Tussle|
|Notable features||This level is infested by Kuffs 'n' Klouts.|
|Enemies encountered||Krimps, Buzzes, Booty Bird, Bazuka, Kuff 'n' Klouts, Koin
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Tyrant Twin Tussle is the third level of Krematoa, which itself is the final world of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. Criss Kross Cliffs must be completed to access this level, and the route to the level itself must not be obscured by rocks.
Tyrant Twin Tussle prominently features Kuff 'n' Klout, members of the Kremling Krew. These are two brown-yellow Kremling brutes who patrol this cavern, and are always in pairs. The twins will either both be running across the cavern floors, or alternate in jumping from one side to the other. They can only be defeated with TNT Barrels or a web attack by Squitter the Spider, who is featured in the first half of the stage. Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong can reach Squitter's Animal Barrel with a Team-Up throw. Squitter can reach a bonus level and the level's Koin before the Star Barrel. Beyond the Star Barrel, the heroes are on their own. They will have to jump over charging Kuff 'n' Klout and carefully time evasive jumps to avoid the twins' jumping advances.
- Bear Coin: 6
- DK Barrel: 2
- DK Coin: After the Kongs spot the level's first Krimp, Kiddy has to toss Dixie up to a high gap. Above is a Squitter Barrel, which the Kongs should jump into. After the transformation, Squitter must continue venturing through the level until he finds a gap above the ceiling. He must use his web platforms to reach the area. Above, he can find a Koin and a Bazuka firing Steel Barrels. Squitter must form a few web platforms to guide the Steel Kegs toward Koin, who itself must face upward. When the Keg hits Koin, Squitter is awarded the DK Coin.
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 Green
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found above some running Kuff 'n' Klout.
- O: In a hole in the ceiling above a Kuff 'n' Klout charging.
- N: Near the top of the ceiling after the second bonus barrel.
- G: Above a Krimp proceeding a fork in the path.
- No Animal Sign: 1
- TNT Barrel: 1
- Collect 40 Stars! -- Located above and to the left of the No Animal Sign. Forty seconds are provided to amass the stars in a flat room with Kuff 'n' Klout running across the area. Squitter can defeat the twins and acquire the stars with ease. In the Game Boy Advance remake, the stars were repositioned to be in the path that the twins are running on, as opposed to being above them.
- Find the Coin! -- A Team-Up throw is needed to toss Dixie to a hole in the ceiling shortly before the "N" KONG Letter. A Barrel cannon can launch the heroes up to an area with Kuff 'n' Klout jumping across a gap and some Red Buzz flying below a Bonus Barrel. A TNT Barrel is provided to defeat the Buzz, though the heroes should be careful to not hit the Kuff 'n' Klout by accident. If the twins are hit, a precisely angled Team-up throw can be used to reach the bonus barrel, or worse come to worse, one Kong can be "sacrificed" so that the other can access the bonus room. 35 seconds are given in the bonus stage to get to the other side of the room. A pair of Kuff 'n' Klout twins are running in the path to the exit, and some holes in the ceiling are provided to avoid them. In the Game Boy Advance remake, there is only one pair of Kuff 'n' Klout running from one end of the room to the other, making the bonus level easier.
- Grab 15 Bananas! -- To the right of the End of Level Flag floats a single banana. Touching the banana will reveal an invisible bonus barrel, containing a Grab 15 Bananas challenge. As one would expect, Kuff 'n' Klout are the main concern in this bonus level where a Green Banana will randomly appear in the room, and the heroes must grab the banana before it disappears and another one appears. The bananas will appear in one of three locations; Two in a safe spot where the twins will not land on the heroes, and one in the middle of the room where the twins will always end up being at some point in their jumps. Fifty seconds are provided in this bonus stage, making it one of the most time-generous bonus levels in the entire game. The bonus coin will appear on the right side of the room.