This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Rocket Barrel Ride
|Rocket Barrel Ride|
|World||Cotton Top Cove|
|Animal Buddies||Parry the Parallel Bird|
|Enemies encountered||Buzz, Krimp, Krumple, Knik-Knak
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3
Rocket Barrel Ride is the second level of the Cotton Top Cove area. It takes place alongside the large waterfalls of the area.
As the title suggests, this level incorporates the Rocket Barrels as a means of transportation throughout points of the level. Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong will need to get past Baron K. Rool's minions during the walking segments and use the rocket barrels to get to the upper areas. The waterfalls in the background can be walked in front of, or in certain areas behind. Sometimes, a rocket barrel can be found when going behind them.
Parry the Parallel Bird makes his second appearance in the latter parts of the level. As his name suggests, he flies parallel to the Kongs and goes higher up when the Kongs jump. If the Kongs can avoid getting Parry harmed by the various Buzz, they will be rewarded with a rare Blue Extra Life Balloon, which is worth three additional lives. Kreeping Klasps proceeds this level.
- Animal Crate: 1 for Parry the Parallel Bird
- Bear Coin: 4
- DK Coin: Koin is located left of the End of Level Flag. Kiddy or Dixie should pick up the Steel Barrel provided, use an up-angled throw to make it roll slower towards Koin, and get into am Auto Fire Barrel to propel them past the Koin. Koin will turn around, exposing his backside to the steel barrel and defeating it.
- Extra Life Balloon:
- Red: 1
- Blue: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found underneath a Buzz while going up some rocket barrels.
- O: In an area found by doing a roll-then-jump under a barrel cannon and to a hidden area to the right.
- N: Floating high to the left of Parry's animal crate.
- G: Found hovering before two Buzz and a barrel cannon.
- No Animal Sign: 1
- Collect 20 Stars! -- The first bonus barrel is accessed by jumping on a series of Knik-Knaks left of a Buzz. Dixie/Kiddy will have 15 seconds to hop into some rocket barrels and gather some gold stars as they ascend the waterfall. The stars are along the way of going up, but there is little time to dilly-dally.
- Collect 60 Stars! -- The second bonus barrel is found by passing the No Animal Sign and ignoring the next rocket barrel. By going over it and following the path, the bonus barrel will be found. This time around, there are many more stars scattered over a waterfall and the booster barrels are used to go horizontally to get the stars. There is a more generous time limit of 35 seconds.