This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|Enemies encountered||Sneek, Rekoil, Koco, Buzz, Knik-Knak
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3
Riverside Race is the second level of Kremwood Forest in Donkey Kong Country 3. It follows the level Barrel Shield Bust-Up in the Super Nintendo version of the game. In the Game Boy Advance port, it is instead after Springin' Spiders.
The main goal of this level is to rush to the end while being chased by bees, in addition to being pressured by a time keeper. As Dixie and Kiddy go through the river side, they will be timed how fast they finish the level, competing with Brash's time of 1:15. While running to beat the time limit, the Kongs will be chased by a swarm of small bees, that cannot be touched. The bees are best avoided by going underwater. There are a few ground enemies such as Re-Koil, and in the brief underwater segments, Koco can be found.
Given the rushed nature of the level, some players may miss out on some secret areas of the level. For example, in certain parts Kiddy can use his water skip to reach a higher area above water. Also, there is a ! Barrel that can be found in the corner of a pond to jump on top of Red Buzzes and reach another area. Squeals on Wheels proceeds this level.
- Sneek: 3
- Rekoil: 7 (4 more in a bonus room)
- Green: 4 (1 more in a bonus room)
- Red: 3
- Knik-Knak: 2
- Red Buzz: 3
- Koin: After the "G" Letter, go above water and start going right, then jump over the bees. Have Kiddy use his water jump to get to an area of land to the left.
- Bear Coin: 1
- DK Coin: Koin is reached toward the end of the level. The last body of water in the level has to be used to reach him. Following several Re-Koil on plateaus, there will be a lake with a narrow zig-zag path. Beyond the narrow path will be a stretch of open water. Kiddy must reach land and do a water skip west to reach the Koin.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Near the Rekoil.
- O: Found after the first swimming section.
- N: Found after the two Rekoils.
- G: In a narrow passageway underwater. Hard to miss.
- Grab 15 bananas! -- Gotten to by doing Kiddy's water jump after the third Sneek. In this level, the heroes will have to collect 15 green bananas in a small swim-able area. In the middle of the area is a lone Koco that does not move, and must be jumped over to reach the other side. The bananas randomly spawn to the left and right of the Koco, and disappear quickly.
- Bash the Baddies! -- Found by using the ! Barrel to jump off of the trio of Buzzes on to higher ground. In this bonus room, the Kongs must defeat four Rekoils under 15 seconds. After, their Bonus Coin is at the far right of the area.
Game Boy Advance
- Using this level's warp would penalize the player in the original Super Nintendo version. In the Game Boy Advance remake this penalty was removed for unknown reasons.
- In the Game Boy Advance remake, the underwater music plays in the swimming segments.
- Also in the Game Boy Advance version, a crowd cheers if Dixie and Kiddy set a new record.