This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|World||Kremkroc Industries Inc.|
|Theme||Cave Dweller Concert|
|Notable features||The "risky mine elevators full of slag" that the SNES version's instruction manual references|
|Enemies encountered||Mini-Necky, Klump, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Country
Elevator Antics is a level in Donkey Kong Country. It's the third level of Kremkroc Industries Inc. in the original Super Nintendo version. In the Game Boy Advance remake, it is the fourth level of Kremkroc.
Elevator Antics starts out like a regular cave level. There are ropes to climb, Slippa and Mini-Necky minions are common, and there are some tight places to crawl under. Right at the start, a roll jump off the cliff to get to a rope leading to a bonus room. Slippas in the level come out of Skull & Crossbone barrels and spawn unlimited amounts of them. The Mini-Necky use their spitting nut projectiles in a pattern and a successfully timed jump is needed to get past them. Zingers can be found flying on the ropes, also in a pattern, in addition to flying in small areas where Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong need to pass though.
After the Star Barrel, the level changes in style; it brings elevator platform jumps into the gameplay, fitting the level title. Small black platforms will be rising or descending from poles, and must be jumped on to progress through the level. The Kongs must not fall down into the gaps below them. However, there are some secret areas that can be accessed by riding certain elevators all of the way down. These areas usually give Bananas, but one place has the "N" KONG letter. Some Zingers also patrol the elevators. Klumps also appear, guarding the walking segments. Near the end, a tricky elevator part is exhibited; the elevators will appear more rarely, where the elevators go down, with a wall blocking the next area save for a small opening near the bottom. The Kongs must ride and hop from elevator to elevator without missing one or getting hurt by a Zinger.
Right before the exit, Donkey/Diddy can ride the last elevators down to find a bonus room.
- Animal Token of Expresso: In the "Find the Exit!" bonus room.
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 Green in bonus area.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: On a rope before the Mini Necky.
- O: In a bonus room.
- N: Ride one of the elevators down until the "N" is visible on a platform to the left.
- G: Right above the Arrow Sign.
- Spell it Out: At the beginning, DK and Diddy must do a roll jump off the ledge onto a rope, then climb it up to an already-opened bonus cave. Inside, they must spell "Kong" with the barrels.
- Find the Exit: When the Kongs see three ropes with vertical-flying Zingers on them, they must climb up to the top of the ropes, then jump across them to a hidden area. Inside, they have to blast through a bunch of spinning Barrel Cannons. The O is here.
- Collect the Bananas: At the end of the level, the Kongs must take the fast-moving elevators all the way down to a cave. This cave has a moving cannon similar to Millstone Mayhem's first bonus, but there are only five columns of bananas in this cave, and the Kongs can move in midair.
Game Boy Color
- In the Japanese version of the game, an extra DK Barrel was added at the top of the vine that leads to the first Bonus Room.