This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|Greater location||Donkey Kong Island|
Mine Cart Carnage
Stop & Go Station
Boss level: Necky's Nuts
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country|
Monkey Mines is the second world of Donkey Kong Country. Monkey Mines, as the name suggests, has a few cave levels underground, with tunnels and Mine Carts. It also appears to be an old, relic-like area of DK Island, given the background of the last level. A temple is built here; It's builders, the Kongs or the Kremlings, are unknown. It is at the foot of the hill leading to Vine Valley. The world boss is Master Necky.
- Winky's Walkway is the first level of Monkey Mines and is named after Winky, who also makes his first appearance here. The level is an odd series of walkways, riddled with Kritters, Gnawtys, and a few Neckys as well. Winky appears in an animal crate early in the level, beyond the first series of walkways- simply jump on one of the two Neckys to reach his crate. Winky is best used to reach Bananas as well as some K-O-N-G Letters, and even bonus stages. It is also is the first mine level.
- Mine Cart Carnage is the second level in Monkey Mines. It is the first minecart level, and will have players riding an unstoppable mine cart through a long series of mine rails, most of which are torn apart, meaning players will have to jump from rail to rail. Also, several mine carts will be found abandoned as well, which will cause a Kong to lose a life on contact. There are also a few Krashes. A famous shortcut involves the Kongs jumping over the starting launching barrel at the beginning of the level, and falling to the left into a Warp Barrel.
- Bouncy Bonanza is the third level of Monkey Mines. As the name implies, there are several bouncy rubber tires throughout the level. Also in the level are the usual Kritters, but some possess a good jumping ability. This makes them annoying, considering that this is a cave level where the ceiling is limited, and they often jump right in the way of the Kongs. Winky appears later in the level.
- Stop & Go Station is the fourth level of Monkey Mines. In this level, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong must pass through the invulnerable Rock Krocs by hitting the 'Stop & Go' barrels to distract them from the red light to proceed to the end. Rock Kroc makes his only appearance in the whole game. Klaptrap also makes his debut appearance as well. Also, a famous shortcut can be done by going back towards the entrance at the beginning of the level, you can go back through the entrance and it will skip a huge part, if not all, of the level. In the Game Boy Advance version, the Rock Krocs can be defeated by Donkey Kong's Ground Pound.
- Millstone Mayhem, a temple-based ruins level, this is the very last level of Monkey Mines. The Kongs will come out walking into a bouncy tire, and they can bounce left above the starting entrance to find a bonus barrel right above them. Krushas make their appearance as the very first enemies of the level, and can be defeated by throwing a TNT Barrel or having Donkey Kong jump on them. Diddy Kong cannot defeat the Krushas by jumping due to his small size. This is a rather long level, with Gnawties, blue jumper Kritters, and Slippas.
- Necky's Nuts -- The boss level, Master Necky. To defeat Master Necky, dodge the nuts he spits out, and use the rubber tire to jump on his head. There is more information on his article.
Monkey Mines in the Game Boy Color version.