This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|Theme||Life in the Mines|
File:DKC Life in the Mines.ogg
|Notable features||Falling platforms, dark blue Krushas|
|Enemies encountered||Krusha, Zinger, Gnawty, Army, Klump, Necky
|Game||Donkey Kong Country
As the last regular level of the game, Platform Perils is a challenging walkway level. As the name suggests, the main way that Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong will traverse this stage is via short platforms that, when jumped on, will move in the direction indicated by an arrow on it. Platforms of this type were seen previously in the level Blackout Basement. The enemies encounters are Army, Klump, Zinger, and a new enemy unique to this stage -- Gray Krusha, whom cannot be defeated unless a Barrel is thrown at it. These Krushas are usually found on platforms that DK/Diddy need to go on in order to proceed in the level. These Krushas are also found in the level Necky Nutmare in the Game Boy Color remake.
The first part of the level is going across the walkways, with Army and Klump minions along the way. DK Barrels are few and far between, so Donkey Kong is best used while he can to handle these foes. Later on, the rest of the level is on moving platforms. Gray Krushas are guarding the platforms, and the Vine Barrels must be used to knock them off, or the level cannot be continued. The Kongs must be quick and agile to make it by; Vine Barrels and the Krushas are not always in plain sight. After that section is another brief walkway with some Klump. Also, the last downward platform can be taken to reach an obscure bonus room at the end.
The area boss level, Necky's Revenge, comes after this level.
- Army: 11
- Gnawty: 11
- Klump: 6 (1 less in the GBC version)
- Gray Krusha: 4
- Necky: 1
- Zinger: 10 (1 less in the GBC version)
- Animal Token:
- DK Barrel: 2
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 Red as a reward for finishing the first bonus room.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: After the trio of Klump.
- O: Found by riding an elevator down shortly before the Star Barrel.
- N: Guarded by a Zinger after the Star Barrel.
- G: Found in the air in the last platform riding section.
- Photograph: To the left of the "O".
- Spell it Out: At the beginning, after stepping on the right-moving platform, the Kongs must jump straight up off of this onto a hidden left-moving platform that will take them to the Bonus Barrel. Inside, they must spell "Kong" on the barrels.
- Stop the Barrel: At the end of the level, the Kongs should miss the solid ground with the Klump on it and fall down to a lower floating piece of broken metal. A Bonus Barrel is nearby. Inside, the Kongs play a shell game with an Enguarde token. They must guess which barrel it's under.