This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Tanked Up Trouble
|Tanked Up Trouble|
|Theme||Life in the Mines|
File:DKC Life in the Mines.ogg
|Notable features||A moving platform powered by Fuel Barrels|
|Enemies encountered||Neckys, Zingers, Kritters, Gnawtys
|Game||Donkey Kong Country
Tanked Up Trouble entails Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong standing on a moving platform in order to progress in the stage. In a somewhat similar fashion to the level Trick Track Trek, the platform moves on a set path, and the heroes cannot influence the direction or speed of the platform. However, this time around, they must also provide fuel for the platform to keep it going. The platform begins with a full tank of fuel, represented with five green circles on the side of the platform. As the fuel is depleted, the amount of lit up circles decreases, and their color changes depending on how low the fuel overall is.
The Kongs can refuel the platform every time they grab a Fuel Barrel. The amount of fuel restored corresponds to the amount of red circles on the fuel barrel -- A fuel barrel with five red circles will restore five fuel circles, etc. If a fuel barrel is not collected, then the platform may potentially run out of fuel before coming within distance of another fuel barrel. It's fuel level is visibly displayed on the side of the platform; If the platform is on green, it has a good amount of fuel, if it is orange, it is getting low on fuel, and if it is on red, it is low on fuel.
- Animal Token of Enguarde: 1
- DK Barrels: 3
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 Red, in bonus room.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Can be obtained by jumping off of a Necky.
- O: Above a Kritter on a small platform.
- N: Underneath a walkway with two Gnawty enemies.
- G: Instead of taking the Barrel Cannon shortcut at the end, utilize the Fuel Barrel with three circles and jump over some Zingers to reach the "G".
- "Stop the Barrel!"—The entrance is underneath the first 90 degree turn. The top part of the rocket barrel is just barely visible. Donkey and Diddy will be rewarded a Red Extra Life Balloon for winning this bonus level.