This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|World||Kremkroc Industries Inc.|
|Enemies encountered||Kritter, Klump, Klap Trap, and Manky Kong
|Game||Donkey Kong Country
Blackout Basement is a level in Kremkroc Industries Inc., an area of Donkey Kong Country. In the Super Nintendo and Game Boy Color versions of DKC, this stage is playable upon completion of Mine Cart Madness. Elevator Antics is the level preceding this level in the Game Boy Advance version.
Blackout Basement is a factory level that is quite different in style from the previous factory level, Oil Drum Alley. The level's layout is a relatively straightforward platforming level, where Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong will have to cross abysses in the level by jumping on moving platforms, tires, and climbing on Ropes. There is, however, a twist; every few seconds, the factory experiences a blackout. Every few moments, the only thing visible will be DK/Diddy, DK Barrels, and Bananas. Everything else, including enemies and platforms, will not be seeable. Thus, this level is not one the player should try to blindly run through; There are various enemies that patrol the grounds, and benefit from being shrouded by darkness.
In the SNES and GBC versions of the game, finishing this stage allows Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong to fight the area boss, Boss Dumb Drum. In the Game Boy Advance version, they will instead have access to the level prior to Dumb Drum, Mine Cart Madness.
- Animal Tokens:
- Enguarde: At the end of a trio of floating platforms, a lone Enguarde animal token will be hovering nearby. Needs roll jump to safely get.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Over a gap, after the second Kritter of the level.
- O: In a breakable area on the ground, after three floating tire platforms.
- N: In the first bonus room.
- G: On a raised area of the ground guarded by a large mob of Kritters.
- Collect the Prizes: Somewhere along the line, the Kongs will run into four falling platforms. They need to stand on the fourth platform (which has a banana underneath) and let it fall. They'll go into a Bonus Barrel. Inside, there are eight spinning barrel cannons in a square, with an N in the middle and a bunch of bananas surrounding the N.
- Stop the Barrel: The Kongs must complete the first bonus level to access this one. They'll be deposited on a black spot that reveals a Steel Keg. They must bounce the keg off a wall and ride on it. When they reach the level exit, instead of exiting the level, they'll turn back and go towards a left wall. That wall will be broken open, revealing the bonus. Inside, they play a shell game with a red balloon.
Game Boy Color
- In the Gameboy Color adaptation of Blackout Basement, the level never actually has a complete blackout; It gets very poorly lit, but is never in complete darkness.