This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Theme||DK Island Swing|
|Notable features||Takes place during night during a thunderstorm. (SNES)|
Only jungle level with a rain storm (GBA)
|Game||Donkey Kong Country
This level takes place during a tropical thunderstorm (night in the Game Boy Color version) It is assumed to be directly after the first level Jungle Hijinxs because it ends by getting dark at night much like the level background. In this level Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong must traverse the area on land and on the treetops, while utilizing ropes and barrel cannons. Armys and Zingers both debut in this level. A lot of the former patrols on land while the latter in the skies. Most of the level's obstacles are Kritters, wide gaps, ropes, and Barrel Cannons. In the Super Nintendo version of Donkey Kong Country, when DK and Diddy reach the end of this stage, the thunderstorm ends, and it becomes daytime.
- Animal Tokens: 2
- Bananas: 91 (55 in main level; 36 in first Bonus Level)
- Banana Bunches: 5 (14 more in Banana Bunch caches)
- Extra Life Balloons: 1 Red -- Must be won in the "Stop the Barrel!" Bonus Level challenge.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found to the right of the first ledge, guarded by a Kritter, at the start of the level.
- O: Above the second pair of treetops after the second swinging rope.
- N: There are two letter Ns in this level: one is at the end of the first Bonus Level while the other is after the Star Barrel between two swinging ropes after a lone Kritter on a treetop. They cannot be both collected.
- G: Floats over a jungle tree adjacent to the level exit.
- Find the Exit!: DK and Diddy must jump off the treetops with the letter O above it and in the abyss. A Barrel Cannon catches the Kongs and fires them at a wall, breaking it open and forcing them inside. The Bonus Level consists of six horizontal ropes, each surrounded by six bananas. They can collect them and then head to a ledge at the far end with the exit. The letter N is also located here. When the Kongs exit, they are shot out past some swinging ropes and a single Zinger.
- Stop the Barrel!: The Kongs must jump into a pit directly after the level exit sign. A Bonus Barrel catches them and leads them to a Bonus Level. In it, DK and Diddy must pay close attention to an Extra Life Balloon as it alternates quickly through four barrels. When it stops, they must take a single chance to pick which barrel it is in. If they choose the correct one, they receive the Extra Life Balloon. If they do not, they do not obtain the Life Balloon. Either way they leave the Bonus Level afterward.