This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Notable features||Blue Croctopi, debut of Squidges
|Animal Buddies||Enguarde the Swordfish|
|Enemies encountered||Croctopus, Squidge
|Game||Donkey Kong Country|
|<< List of Levels >>|
Croctopus Chase is a level of Gorilla Glacier, the fourth world of Donkey Kong Country. It is the fourth level of the area in the Super Nintendo and Game Boy Color versions, and third in the Game Boy Advance remake.
Even though this level's coloration implies that it takes place in an icy lake, it's no different from any other underwater level. Croctopus Chase is a cramped and maze-like level that features blue Croctopus enemies. They will wait in one place until Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong pass by them, then chase the Kongs through a section of the level. Enguarde appears in this level, who can help by swimming fast; however, he is not of much use offensively due to Croctopus being immune to him. Enguarde can defeat various Squidge found throughout the level. The Squidge can blend into the background at certain points, though always make a noise when nearby. A large swarm of them appear at the end. Additionally, both Chomps enemies, being Chomps and Chomps Jr., appear in this level infrequently.
- Animal Tokens:
- Bananas: 75
- Enguarde's Animal Crate: In a secret area, by swimming through a narrow passage.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found by being chased upwards the second time.
- O: In a hidden area - immediately after the barrel blasting section, going through the right wall, up and to the left.
- N: Past a duo of Chomps and a lone Croctopus.
- G: Found at the very end, to the right of a swarm of Squidge.
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
- Croctopus Chase is the only level in the game to have two Arrow Signs.