This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|Theme||Voices of the Temple|
|Notable features||Only Swirlwind level|
|Enemies encountered||Army, Kritter, Slippa, Swirlwind, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land
Swirlwind Storm is a temple level that primarily features unique enemy; the Swirlwind are gusts of wind that can be jumped off of for a boost, but also can be harmful if walked into. The Swirlwind are common and can be used to jump gaps, avoid enemies, and reach hidden areas. They have a tendency to "follow" Donkey Kong and/or Diddy Kong, which can be helpful or detrimental. Sometimes the Swirlwind occupy an area where a KONG Letter can be obtained, and since they cannot be defeated, must be distracted out of the item's path. The other enemies in this level include Zingers, Kritters, Army, and Slippa.
The next level is the boss level, Sea-bed Showdown.
- DK Barrel: 3
- Extra Life Balloon: 1
- Kong Token: 5
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Near a swirlwind. The Kong will have to lure the whirlwind away from the "K" to grab it.
- O: The "O" is hovering high over a gap near a swirlwind.
- N: In a pit near a swirlwind. Similar to the "K", the whirlwind must be lured away.
- G: In a deep pit near a Slippa.
- Find the Exit! -- Accessed beyond the checkpoint via a Swirlwind launching Donkey/Diddy up a trail of bananas. In this construction themed bonus room, the Kongs must perform lengthy jumps to reach bouncy Tires to reach the end of the area. To the left of the start point there are four Kong Tokens and there's an Extra Life Balloon that can be grabbed at the end.