This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|World||Gangplank Galleon Ahoy!|
|Notable features||Two exits.|
|Enemies encountered||Gnawty, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land
Rope Ravine takes place in a snowy environment, complete with frozen mountains and terrain that will make Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong slip. This level also contains many ravines, as the title suggests; Luckily, several ropes can be found to get over the gaps. The essence of this level is getting across ravines via ropes, barrel cannons, and walking. This level is rather short, most of the challenge comes from getting across and finding certain routes and bonuses. Some Gnawty are found, but for the most part Zingers are the main enemy. They linger near the ropes the Kongs use to get to the end of the level.
At the end, there are actually two exits; one is found normally, but if Donkey and Diddy simply walk under it and keep going right, they will find many bananas and another exit. While the extra exit is a secret, it does not make any difference on the finish % or level progression, just serves as a way to get more bananas for those who discover the way. Riggin' Rumble proceeds this level.
- DK Barrels: 2
- Kong Tokens: One is near the first rope, several are in a bonus room, and two are found by not taking the shortcut near the "N" KONG Letter.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found while on a rope after a Zinger.
- O: Hovering above a cannon barrel leading to a bonus room, and before the check point.
- N: The Kongs are launched via barrel cannon to the "N" while going through the level normally.
- G: As with the "N", Kongs are launched into the "G".
- Collect the Prizes! -- Found left of the checkpoint, in an abyss. In this bonus stage, a barrel cannon will be rotating above the heroes. Pressing the button in the stage will launch a Kong Token from the barrel in the direction its facing, and collecting a Token this way will reward an extra life.
- Collect the Prizes! -- After the "N" Letter, this bonus barrel is barely visible inside of what appears to be a bottomless pit. In this underwater stage, some Kong Tokens can be collected.