This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|World||Gangplank Galleon Ahoy!|
|Notable features||Two checkpoints
|Animal Buddies||Expresso (Bonus room)|
|Enemies encountered||Kritter, Gnawty, Mini-Necky, Slippa, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land
Deck Trek is the third level of Gangplank Galleon Ahoy! and of Donkey Kong Land. The level takes place on the Gangplank Galleon, and features melody similar to the Gangplank's theme in the original Donkey Kong Country.
Deck Trek is a ship themed level and can be seen as a precursor to the ship levels in Donkey Kong Country 2, particularly the level Mainbrace Mayhem of that game. In Mainbrace Mayhem and Deck Trek, the Kongs must climb all the way to the top of an abandoned ship by climbing ropes and walking across the top of masts and crows nests. Along the way several Kritters, Gnawtys, Zingers, and Mini-Neckys can be found guarding the ship. At the end of the level, there is a unique TNT Barrel in front of the goal that the player must collect to use to blow up one of two boulders on the map to proceed through the game; the top boulder leads to Rope Ravine and the bottom one leads to Tyre Trail. The level can be replayed to get another special TNT barrel to access the other area.
This level's bonus rooms are both notable; the first one introduces the City theme and the Mincer enemy, a type of enemy usually encountered later on in the game, while the other jungle-themed area introduces Expresso, whose flying ability is used to collect the "N" and "G" letters.
- Extra Life Balloon: Found by taking the barrel cannons where the first pair of Kong Tokens are found.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found near a jumping Kritter along the normal way up.
- O: In the city-themed bonus room.
- N: Found in Expresso's bonus room.
- G: Also found in Expresso's bonus room.
- Kong Token: All 6 Kong Tokens in this level appear in pairs;
- Pair 1: Go left at the start into a Cannon Barrel which will blast the Kongs into the coins.
- Pair 2: Located directly above the first jumping Kritter.
- Pair 3: Found by making a detour from the very long rope to the right.
- Find the Exit! -- Found past a Zinger. A TNT Barrel is needed to defeat the Zinger. In this construction site themed stage, two Mincer will encircle the "O" KONG Letter.
- Find the Exit! -- Beyond the second TNT Barrel of the level are two Gnawty enemies; up and to the left of the Gnawty enemies is the Auto Fire Barrel that will launch DK/Diddy to the bonus level. With the aid of Expresso, they can acquire the "N" and "G" KONG Letters mid-air.