|Greater Location||Crocodile Isle|
|Number of Levels||5|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
Crocodile Cauldron is the name of the second area of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. This area's levels are lava themed, complete with instant-touch-and-die lava pools, volcano backgrounds, and even sunken ships in the lava itself. The ships sunken in the lava indicate that the Cauldron was once a regular sea, but a series of volcano eruptions turned the area into a lava-filled world. The Kongs must navigate through dangerous lava areas and the mine shafts filled with gems that the Kremling Krew appear to be mining.
- Hot-Head Hop: Hot-Head Hop is the sixth level of Donkey Kong Country 2, and the first area of Crocodile Cauldron. The level takes place inside a volcano, and the Kongs must use Krocheads as stepping stones in order to cross rivers of lava. This level also marks Squitter's first appearance, and he'll prove himself useful for reaching and completing bonus areas, as well as the DK Coin. Klampons make their debut here as well. Other enemies include Neeks, Klobbers, Zingers, Cat-O-9-Tails and Krunchas.
- Kannon's Klaim: Kannon's Klaim is the second level of Crocodile Cauldron, and the first level to take place inside a mine shaft. The featured enemies here are none other than Kannons, who will be a persistent threat throughout the level. Mini-Neckies also mark their return from the original Donkey Kong Country. The mine is also home to several Neeks, Krunchas, Flitters and Klomps.
- Lava Lagoon: This level takes place in the cargo hold of a crashed Kremling galleon. Although it is flooded with water, the heat from the surrounding volcanoes causes the water to be boiling hot. Fortunately, Clapper the Seal is around to cool down the water to a survivable temperature for the Kongs. The water won't keep cool forever, so the Kongs cannot waste any time while in the drink. The level is also populated by Neeks, Klampons, Floatsams, Cat-O-9-Tails and Click-Clacks.
- Red-Hot Ride: This level takes place within a volcano, but unlike in Hot-Head Hop, solid ground is hard to come by. The Kongs must cross the lakes of lava by riding atop hot-air balloons, which are exclusive to this level. The Kongs must be careful though, as the balloons will slowly descend into the lava unless they're on top of the thermals found throughout the level. Rambi can also be found and used throughout the first half of the level. Klomps, Klobbers, Flitters, Krunchas, Zingers, Click-Clacks and Neeks are all be found here.
- Squawks's Shaft: Squawks's Shaft, as the title implies, takes place inside a mine shaft, and Squawks (in his first playable appearance) can be found throughout the second half. Krooks make their first appearance in this level. Other enemies include Klomps, Kannons, Zingers and Klampons.
Crocodile Cauldron as seen in the Game Boy Advance remake.
|Worlds of Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Land|
|Donkey Kong Country||Kongo Jungle • Monkey Mines • Vine Valley • Gorilla Glacier |
Kremkroc Industries, Inc. • Chimp Caverns • Gangplank Galleon
|Donkey Kong Land||Gangplank Galleon Ahoy! • Kremlantis • Monkey Mountains • Chimpanzee Clouds • Big Ape City|
|Country 2/Land 2||Gangplank Galleon • Crocodile Cauldron • Krem Quay • Krem Cauldron (DKL2) • |
Krazy Kremland • Gloomy Gulch • K. Rool's Keep • The Flying Krock • Lost World
|Country 3||Lake Orangatanga • Kremwood Forest • Cotton Top Cove • Mekanos • K3 |
Razor Ridge • Pacifica (GBA) • KAOS Kore • Krematoa
|Land III||Cape Codswallop • Primate Plains • Blackforest Plateau • Great Ape Lakes • Tin Can Valley • Lost World|
|Returns||Jungle • Beach • Ruins • Cave • Forest • Cliff • Factory • Volcano • Golden Temple or Cloud Gateway (3DS only)|