|World||K. Rool's Keep|
|Notable features||Rising floor|
|Animal Buddies||Rambi, Squawks|
|Enemies encountered||Neek, Spiny, Mini-Necky, Zinger, Klampon, Krook, Kutlass, Kruncha
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest|
Castle Crush is a unique level, because it is a vertical level with a rising floor. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong have to dodge enemies and the ceiling as the ground ascends. Common enemies include Klampon and Spiny, who will walk aimlessly in the level. Aside from them, Krook will throw their hook hands, and Kruncha will patrol select parts. There's also a segment where Zingers are found in the castle. Luckily, there are two Animal Buddies in hidden locations that can make the level easier. Rambi the Rhinoceros is found early on, accessed by grabbing the first DK Barrel found, holding on to it, and defeating a Kutlass on the left side of the level. Behind the Kutlass is the Animal Barrel. He can defeat all of the enemies encountered, and can break open the entrance to the first bonus stage, which is indicated by a formation of bananas making an arrow.
Beyond Rambi's No Animal Sign, the duo will have to deal with several Spiny enemies and a Klampon before reaching the Star Barrel. Almost immediately after the star barrel, a false wall left of the DK Barrel hides the Animal Barrel for Squawks the Parrot, who can simply fly to progress in the stage, as opposed to waiting for the floor to rise. In fact, Squawks will have to outrun the rising floor in order to access the level's DK Coin, found by flying ahead of the floor and going south of a Banana Bunch. In addition, passing Squawks' No Animal Sign will reward Diddy/Dixie with a TNT Barrel, which can be used to break open a wall to the left and access the second bonus stage. Past the Squawks segment, the heroes are on their own to combat Spiny, Mini Necky, and Kruncha enemies, and evade Zingers.
- Banana Bunch: 5
- Banana Coin: 3
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: The player must get Squawks to get the DK Coin. They will have to fly around quickly before the lever rises and blocks the DK coin until the player sees the 10 bananas together. Then they must go down and get the DK coin.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Beyond the first Kruncha, there will be multiple paths to take in the room ahead. The heroes should stick to the far right wall to get the "K" Letter.
- O: Past the No Animal Sign for Rambi, a Spiny, and Klampon, the "O" Letter is left of an Auto Fire Barrel.
- N: Found by sticking to the right side of the level past several Zingers.
- G: In a part of the wall with a Kruncha guarding it.
- Golden Feather (GBA): Beyond the No Animal Sign for Squawks, it is in the top right corner of a room with a Spiny and Klampon.
- TNT Barrel: 1
- Destroy them All! -- The first bonus stage can be found in a wall with a bunch of bananas that represent an arrow pointing leftward. The player has to use Rambi's charge attack to crack the wall open and get to the bonus stage. The bonus is a "Destroy Them All!", and they must defeat the Zingers and get the Kremkoin on the top right (near the exit).
- Find the Token! -- The second bonus stage can be found in the other wall with a bunch of bananas that represent an arrow pointing leftward. The player will have to get Squawks and go to the no squawks sign so he can turn into a TNT barrel. Then they can use the TNT barrel to explode the wall and enter the 2nd bonus stage. This bonus level has the Kongs avoiding getting squished by the lever and the walls to reach the Kremkoin. There will be some bananas that they can collect in the bonus stage and the Kremkoin is on the top right (near the exit).
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin
- Extra Life Balloon
Game Boy Advance
- There is a famous glitch in the Super Nintendo version of Donkey Kong Country 2 involving this level that can potentially damage the cartridge of DKC2 itself. Given the possible side effects of the glitch, any attempts to recreate the glitch are recommended to be done on an emulator. It is executed by having Diddy grabbing a barrel, going to the wall of Castle Crush and picking it up again just as it breaks. Then he can throw it anywhere and the game will bug out, with possible events including turning into a boss with light blueish colors. However, this glitch can corrupt the save file and render the game unplayable.
- YouTube Video Guide (SNES)
- YouTube Video Guide (GBA)
- Castle Crush glitch's effects
- Serious effects of the aforementioned glitch