This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Mine Cart Madness
|Mine Cart Madness|
|World||Kremkroc Industries Inc.|
|Enemies encountered||Gnawtys, Neckys, Zingers, Krashes
|Game||Donkey Kong Country
Mine Cart Madness is a level found in Kremkroc Industries Inc. It is the fifth level of the area n the Super Nintendo and Game Boy Color versions of Donkey Kong Country, and sixth in the Game Boy Advance version.
Similar in style to Mine Cart Carnage, this level features Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong riding in a Mine Cart. How the cart functions is different this time around: instead of using one cart and jumping with the cart, they will jump out of the mine cart itself. There will be parts of the level where the Kongs must jump over a short abyss to jump into other Mine Carts to continue. Zingers and Neckys infest this level as an obstacle for the Kongs. It's also worth noting the Krash enemy appear yet again, though sparingly, and instead of trying to crash into the Kongs, they simply remain dormant in their carts and must be jumped on to be defeated and access their cart.
Also in this level are various secret areas. For one, by climbing a Rope to an area above the normal route and jumping up when the banana trail stops, the Kongs can access a bonus area. An additional obscure area requires the Kongs to stay on board and fall down a gap and then quickly react to reach a hidden rail area. This area is after the "N" KONG letter. Finally, at the end, they can backtrack to find some tires floating in the air, and bouncing on them into a Barrel Cannon leads to a bonus room.
- Animal Tokens:
- DK Barrel: 2
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 Red, in bonus room.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Between two Necky enemies after the second mine cart.
- O: Located in the air—jump off the Necky enemies to reach it.
- N: Found floating in a gap, a well timed jump must be made to grab it and continue on with the level.
- G: Above a tire. A Zinger is guarding it.
- Find the Exit: At some point in the level, there will be a rope. The Kongs should grab this rope and climb up to a higher minecart, then jump when they see a gap in the bananas. This is an almost exact clone of Elevator Antics's second bonus. The only differences are: purple palette, no KONG Letter, a different animal token, and a red balloon instead of a green one.
- Stop the Barrel: After the N, the Kongs will notice a floating tire. If they can jump on it, they'll be able to reach a nearby Bonus Barrel. Inside, they'll find three barrels that cycle through all the animal tokens. If they can match three tokens on the barrels, they'll get that token.
- Collect the Bananas: At the end of the level, the Kongs must jump past the rails to a series of floating tires that will take them up to a Bonus Barrel. Inside, they'll find a wall of bananas with a tire on a floating rock moving underneath.
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
- This level and Forest Frenzy are the only two levels that have theme music named after them.
- In the Japanese version of the game, an extra DK Barrel was added near the level's midway point.