This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Tree Top Town
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Tree Top Town|
|Enemies encountered||Gnawtys, Neckys, Kritters
|Game||Donkey Kong Country
This level is the first treetop village area in Donkey Kong Country. It entails Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong traversing the treetops by walking across bridges, jumping from treetop to treetop, and utilizing Barrel Cannons to cross large abysses in the level. Proper timing to launch out of barrel cannons is needed to safely get across the bottomless pits. In the walking segments, the areas are usually not too large, leaving small room for repositioning, and Kritter and Gnawty enemies are found. A Necky is encountered at the start of the level, and can be jumped off of to reach the first Bonus Barrel northwest of the starting point. A Zinger is found at the end of the stage, with an Animal Token above it.
In the Game Boy Advance version, more unseen Barrel Cannons were added to catch the Kongs if they mistime their Barrel Cannon launch.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: After a series of barrel blasting (after first set of 3 Gnawties), the "K" is between a gap .
- O: After the Star Barrel and the Kritter, an Auto Fire Barrel should fire upwards to another barrel cannon which should be fired when it is over the "O".
- N: In the second Bonus Level (see below).
- G: The player must shoot their barrel cannon on a Necky and jump off it near the end in order to reach this letter.
- Star Barrel: When the second set of a trio of Gnawties appear, after the barrel blasting.
- Tire: 1
- Spell it Out: The first bonus barrel is up and to the left of the level entrance. To access it, Donkey/Diddy must walk to the right until a Necky comes into view. They then must follow it to the left until they can jump off it and into the bonus barrel. Inside, they have to spell "Kong" using barrels.
- Collect the Bananas: At the end of the second abyss past the halfway point, the Kongs will be inside a moving manual cannon facing an automatic Barrel Cannon. There's a banana below this cannon. The Kongs must miss the cannon and shoot for the banana. This bonus level is similar to Bouncy Bonanza's last bonus, but instead of being inside a stationary spinning cannon, the Kongs are now in a moving version of the three-direction cannons seen in Vulture Culture. Also, there are no tires. DK and Diddy can gather bananas and the "N" KONG Letter.